Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wisconsin Buck Movments ???

Old 11-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default Wisconsin Buck Movments ???

Hi,
My name's Kyle, I'm from Stevens Point Wisconsin. I've been noticing some rubs in the woods in the past week.. but so far i've only seen one scrape.. last wednsday i saw three different forks... one was in the rut chasin a doe.. the other two were just walking around together.. just wondering what everyone else is noticing?
Old 11-03-2004, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin Buck Movments ???

Spent last week hunting in Clark Co. Fresh scrapes, rubs, had a spike buck mount a doe right underneath me. The bucks are running. Some of the does seem to be in heat. Get out there.
Old 11-03-2004, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

SE WI - Bucks are cruising and the amount and intensity of rubs and scrapes are increasing. The does I have seen don't have dark tarsal glands yet so I don't think they are quite ready yet. I would definitely not let the wife talk you into doing the "honey do list" this weekend. In fact, I am taking my wife out to a very nice dinner Thursday night because I plan to be up a tree for the whole three day weekend. "Get out there".
Old 11-03-2004, 07:24 AM

Hey guys,
Douglas county deer are on the move. Sightings of Rubs and scrapes have increase 3 fold in the last week. 2 weeks ago still had some bachelor groups. Near the big lake we haven't had a real killer frost yet. I think this morning 11/03 was the first real good frost. Away from the lake he've had a few more frosts. Brassics should be just about ready for the deer to start hitting.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:44 AM

I've noticed in the past few weeks that the bucks up near antigo are starting to come into rut. during the t-zone my party saw 4 nice bucks. one of which was with a doe.