Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wisconsin buck down >

wisconsin buck down

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wisconsin buck down

Old 11-14-2008, 08:23 PM

Default wisconsin buck down

8 pointer with a 17 inch inside spread,tigerton,wi,shot last sunday morning 15 yards out on a full dead run ,collapsed after a 18 yard death run

Old 11-14-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wisconsin buck down

Nice deer congrats.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:25 PM

another pic

Old 11-14-2008, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck. Congrats.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

shot last sunday morning 15 yards out on a full dead run ,collapse 18 yards out
Where did you hit him?

Congratulation's!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:48 PM

hit the two arteries that run along the bottom of the back bone ,looks like someone took a 5 gallon red paint can and thru it while it was open blood everywhere,i wish i would have gotten pics of it,the side that is laying on the ground was all red,all the way back to the hind quarters ,,,he must have been ruttin pretty hard for a couple of days,his stomach was totally empty

Old 11-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck. Congrats
Old 11-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Dominant Buck

How do you practice THAT shot???

Seriously.....congrats on a great buck.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:08 AM

luckthe buck came in twice the first time he came in was at 6:00 ,i knew he was a buck so i grunted twice very softly,it was cold and dark yet,when i was repositioning to try to see his head gear the ladder stand was making a little noise so he backed off and headed to the south about 70 yards to where there is a pondhe was making all kinds of noise over there so i knew he was still around,then right at day break the sun was just coming over the horizon i heard him coming back towards my way ,so i did some turning so i could get a shot,i cut 50 yards short, head down on a trott into the swamp,as soon as he entered the cedar swamp he slowed down to a walk,my first thought was to unzippen my fanny pack and retrieve one of my grunt calls,the first one i grabbed was the h.s. 8-1 call,i gave a couple of grunts and no response i could still hear him walking in the long dead grass,so i pulled out my next weapon ,which was a m.ad. growl call,i had the black outer tube off just so i could use inner call for aloud grunt i gave three grunts ,that was the turning point it was dead quiet i waite a few seconds and nothing ,so then i put on the black outer shell for a growl,,,i gave him a grunt ,a growl,and two more grunt,and then all heck broke loose, all i know it sounded like a train come my way thru the swamp he had to have come 80 yards out, there wasstuff just getting knocked down by him branches breaking and so on,so i threw the call down and pulled back the bow and just listen and watch,,,,,,was he going to bust out to the field or was he going to stay on the trail in the swamp that goes along the field,he stayed in the swamp on that trail i have a 5x5 opening that i have to shoot thru the cedar tree branches,as soon as i seen his head i release,i heard a thump ,a couple of hooves hitting the ground and a big crash like a tree fell over,,he died in a cut down tree top.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's nice buck.

Quick Reply: wisconsin buck down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.