Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

nice buck for my area

Old 11-03-2004, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: nice buck for my area

Nice buck but we do growem bigger down here in SE VA. Eddie, where do you hunt?
Old 11-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

First off guys Eddie asked what we think of him! As such some say shoot him, while other say let him mature. The picture portrays a deer that is not fully mature, so yes if left he will grow bigger and if it were me I would pass. However it comes down to a personal desicion, Eddie has said this is the biggest deer he has seen in 3 yrs, would garnish trophy status for his area and ultimately would be tickled if given the opportunity to harvest this deer..so you go Eddie.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks good to me!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Well said Skeeter
Old 11-03-2004, 01:42 PM

That is a nice deer eddie but no matter how long you boil those horns you cant eat them.

Old 11-03-2004, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Yep, that is a nice deer.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:42 PM

i hunt in lee county,on my property here around my house and a neighbors farm.its all ridges.what do you guys think this buck weighs
Old 11-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Several years back I tagged a couple monster Mule deer bucks. I most likely won't shoot another buck unless I see one much much bigger than my best. The reason for this is that I don't have a place to display antlers and I don't need them laying around the yard. Also we hunt mainly because we just like to get out and hunt and we love the meat. Nine out of ten bucks that I have tasted are not near as good as the does. I love to watch the bucks out in thier habitat but would rather watch them, look over the racks and then let them go. I have no need on earth to shoot a buck just to be shooting a buck. We all have our reasons to hunt. The bucks just don't do anything for me. Good hunting. As far as the buck in the picture, as someone said if thats a trophy where you live and hunt then I would take it. Someone else will if you don't unless its lease land and there is a size limit. Many hunters will shoot anything with horns. I honestly don't know why.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice looking buck, i wouldnt listen to anyone, if he looks good to you and ya get a op at him take him!!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like a great buck to me.. I say take him! and good luck!

Quick Reply: nice buck for my area

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.