Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Paint smell?

Old 11-02-2004, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Paint smell?

Well, made a few more stands for this season. Again.

I'm really wondering about the smell of the paint and adhesive strips that holds the non-slip on the stairs of one of them (the steel one). And the fresh cut plywood platforms.

How long until they are "safe" for the woods? The steel one has been out back getting rained on good for several days and the one made from a fiberglass 10-foot A-frame ladder is still in the shop not painted. It's gotta be painted cause it's a yellow ladder and soon!

I was thinking of rinsing them with Scent Away or some thing like that but don't want to waste $$$ on that if not needed.

I used the Rust-o-leum Camo paint this time with leaf and ivy stencils from Michael's craft store. The Rust-o-leum paint is real nice.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 11-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Paint smell?

The sight of any new object in their realm ,
smelly or not , can make them suspicious until it's proven not to be a threat to them . Set them up for next year .
Old 11-02-2004, 08:32 PM

I say the same, put it up long before, and let the weather and time do it's trick, mother nature will do the rest
Old 11-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

The smell Sure dont help