Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Never on a Saturday

Old 10-29-2004, 01:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Never on a Saturday

I was thinking and going thru my hunting records. In 44 years of hunting and 182 deer I never shot a deer on a Saturday. But you know what I found a pattern. Thursdays were my best day coming in with around 68% of the kills. Monday next then Friday. So thursday is my day,Strange world we live in
Old 10-29-2004, 03:43 AM

Default RE: Never on a Saturday

It was a Saturday that I shot my only two bucks but I catch your drift. Thanksgiving (Thursday) has always been a good day for success. However, I gauge my success in days by the number of deer I see because that keeps me motivated. I rather see many then shot one.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:26 AM

Cardeer. . .thanks for your interesting stat. Hope it is just yours, although now that you make me think about it Sundays and yep some of the days around Turkey day have seemed to work well in past seasons. Taking both my boys 7 and 11 out tonight so we will be ready for Texas youth gun seasons opening morning on Saturday. Big moon and rain coming, I hope that some of the nice Bucks we scouted a few weeks back are ready for us.

I get to wait one more week but then I get three days of quite time on the ranch, oh yeah, and some good hunting tooo.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:35 AM

Usually by mid-week, public land deer have settled down from the weekend rush of hunters in the woods and you'll have better luck anytime Wed. or after. I don't hunt weekends!
Old 10-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You would think that, hunting in PA for 23 years, Monday would be my most productive day. Rifle season has always started on a Monday. However, all of my archery deer and probably a lot of my muzzle loader deer came on a Saturday. Except for bear season and the opening 3 days of rifle, all my hunting is done on weekends.