Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Is it always a mad scramble to pack for hunting trip? >

Is it always a mad scramble to pack for hunting trip?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is it always a mad scramble to pack for hunting trip?

Old 10-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is it always a mad scramble to pack for hunting trip?

DougMD:

I almost always forget something. I packed all of my clothes for a hunt yesterday evening and forgot my belt. Had to use a rope in the back of the truck. Felt like an idiot but at least my pants stayed up.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

My bags stay packed all year! I have a list of what should be in each bag and I make sure each thing is back after each hunt! I check again before each day out and at the end of each day. No more finding out the key to my gun lock is still hanging on the hook in my basement an hour away or my nice warm wool hat is still in my small game jacket and I'm already in my tree!...LOL
Old 10-21-2004, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont pack anymore, i just have a fanny pack with game calls, and have my clothes washed and put in a bag. I grab my bow, climber and tote rubber bend with my clothes in it and take off, i think i can survive for a few hours in the woods without everything.
Old 11-10-2004, 05:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a list of things to bring, but scramble to get everything packed, sometimes trying to knock of a few things at once on the list. It's hard to do with younguns running around. I used to hang my stuff out back after washing it, but can't do it and expect the kids to leave stuff alone. So now I use that dirt scented laundry detergent and just dry it all and throw it in a big bag. Then I sort out each day's wear into a few bags, trying to be mindful of the weather forecast.