Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Do you like your Gerber?

Old 10-08-2004, 08:32 PM

Default Do you like your Gerber?

I am thinking of buying a Gerber knife. Perhaps the gator or Freeman drop point. I need a knife that will get a deer field dressed and skinned and caped. I also want one that will sharpen well. I want a knife to use...not to show. Would one of these be a good choice??
Old 10-08-2004, 11:00 PM

Default RE: Do you like your Gerber?

I have one Gerber and two Buck knifes, the Gerber holds a better edge!
Old 10-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-09-2004, 12:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like gerber baby food,dont own one of their knives
Old 10-09-2004, 12:58 AM

I love the Gerber knives. They are worth the money in my book. As far as sharpening, any knife can be razor sharp to a point, it just takes a little skill.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have several Gerber knives. I have had good service from them. They hold a good edge and sharpen up well. I like the Buck knives as well. The Edge Maker sharpener keeps all my knives shaving sharp. I couldn't get by without it.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:36 AM

I have a Gerber lock blade pocket knife with a 4 inch blade (unfortuneatly I think an auger ate it but maybe it will come out in the grain cleaner)[&o] Not only light, but very very durable and great edge holding properties.

It has been (was) through he11 and back at least 3 or 4 times (or more). Its cut solid core copper wire, been used to short across on starter solenoid a few times (the weld marks added some nice character) [8D], used as a pry tool and screwdriver and the blade is (was) still sharp enough to cut skin in a jiff (whoops slipped) [:-]. It has (had) also skinned and gutted around 5 deer in its life too.

I will miss my beat-it-up-again-blade. But I shall buy another in a heart-beat. (and if I do find it in the grain cleaner I will post whether its still in one chunk or not)[&:] See if it survives the ultimate survival test = ME.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gerber makes quality knives, I don't think you'll go wrong with one.
Old 10-09-2004, 12:06 PM

When I deployed during Operation Enduring Freedom they issued us each our own gerber when we reached our operating location. Of course they issued us the Gerber multi-tools istead of the fixed or locked blades... but that little booger came in handy on more than one occasion.

Good enough for the military... good enough for wholelottagobble.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:58 PM

I love all of my Gerbers,, i have about 5 knoves and one miltitool,, all have performed flawlessly, and they seem to hold an edge a little better than my buck ever did. great in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Do you like your Gerber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.