Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Misconceptions about Deer Hunters >

Misconceptions about Deer Hunters

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Misconceptions about Deer Hunters

Old 10-06-2004, 09:55 PM

Default Misconceptions about Deer Hunters

I dont know about anybody else but I'm one of the only people who hunts in my family and they have the strange idea that because I kill deer i must hate them. Deer happen to be one my favorite animal's and i enjoy every aspect of them. In the off season when i go scouting I always bring my camera and take pictures of them put them on the wall in my Hunting Room. I am probably like alot of hunters in this forum when I'm not hunting I'm either, scouting getting ready or Dreaming about it. Even If I'm going out with my little brother and not shooting I love it just as much.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Misconceptions about Deer Hunters

kinda like the old saying "if you gotta ask you probably wouldn't understand" i also burn alot of film, there are places i go just to take deer pictures, to me they are one of the most beautiful creatures god put on this earth, right behind my wife, hope everybody has a good season
Old 10-06-2004, 11:17 PM

I look at it like this hunting is a heck of alot better than being at work. I can honestly say I have never had any regrets about one single day hunting. its my life, its what I LOVE.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

I quess its easy for me to understand I feel the same about people who run around a field hitting a little ball with a club or spending the day playing tennis. Even worse the people who dump hands full of money into vidio games. We each have our own thing. I like all animals but have been an avid hunter since I was six. I am sure that the money we hunters spend on our sport does far more to help wildlife than we ever hurt them. We also spend much more money on programs that benifit wildlife than the anti hunters would ever think about spending. So do your hunting and let the ignorant ones scratch thier head or whatever.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was just discussing this thing last night with a hunter parked near my home. I said people dont understand how we can go hunting watch deer and let them walk sometimes. O r spend our money to protect or feed wild game we hunt. I told him I even spent money in the past to try and keep a deer hit by a car alive. the deer had 2 broken legs. thats all. Me and a neighbor had a local vet fix it up and keep it till it could be releasd. Anti hunters cant understand that in their pea brains.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I am the only one in my family who hunts ,
and while they don't really understand why I love it so much they know that it makes me happy and that's enough for them .

When new aquaintences ask "Why do you hunt?" I just reply "Why do you do what you love?" , which usually answers the question . The few times that I've had a negative reaction from someone I just ask them what their master plan for keeping the wild game numbers under control is . I make sure to point out that we are about the only predators left nowadays , and they usually don't have much of an argument left .