Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 should i let my 12-year old shoot a........... >

should i let my 12-year old shoot a...........

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

should i let my 12-year old shoot a...........

Old 10-05-2004, 11:13 PM

Default RE: should i let my 12-year old shoot a...........

Let-em! I'm proud to see all the responses here advocating letting him shoot. Trophy hunting is getting out of hand these days and I think most hunters are forgetting their roots. I don't want to hijack your post, so I'll start another one on AR's
Old 10-06-2004, 03:24 AM

i would like to thank every1 for their input on the situation. you have convinced me that it would be just fine to let him harvest any legal buck that he wants to shoot. you have also made me realize some other things that i haven't really thought of. once again thank you
Old 10-06-2004, 09:13 AM

Take the opportunity to discuss it before you get in the woods and explain the ideas of management and restrictions....maybe you can teach some good things about selectivity, hunting as opposed to killing, and to love the hunting experience of seeing animals and nature unfold at sunrise...Harvest is one part of the hunt but not the primary goal for an ethical hunter. Then if he wants to take the buck, he has a background that he can make a decision from.