Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Climbing Deer Stand Question ?? >

Climbing Deer Stand Question ??

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Climbing Deer Stand Question ??

Old 09-25-2004, 10:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing Deer Stand Question ??

I have both the Summit Viper, and the API Magnum supreme, both are great stands, however I am 6'3" 200 lbs and if I plan on sitting from sun up till sun down I choose my API, It has more leg room for me, a bit heavier than the Summit but more room. Not to say the Summit isnt a great stand too, If im only hunting for 4 or 5 hours, I love it.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:37 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Went to Galyans after school tonight and they didn't have any vipers left. Then went to Dicks and they had the viper x4 but the tag on the stand said it weighed in at 30 lbs. So I didn't buy it. Ifigured something wasn't right. I'm starting to think they mismarked it and I'm kicking myself. I'll probably go back tomorrow and get it.

David
Old 10-02-2004, 04:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

i use to use warren and sweat climbers but got fed up with their poor designs and quality (i can say this because i use to work for warren and sweat). then i bought a api predator, which was a decent stand besides being heavy, a pain to back pack and a hassle to set up on a tree due to noise noise and time. last week i ordered a tree lounge, and it arrived yesterday. i haven't had time to try it out yet due to work. however, i have a few hunt'n buddies that own them and swear by them. i have only had time to assemble it and pack it. i did throw it on my shoulders and was thoroughly impressed in how quiet it was. i jumped up and down and shook side to side and was unable to make it rattle. it does weigh a little more then some stands but i'm a big 'ol boy and don't mind carrying a few extra pounds. i guess i'll report back when i actually climb with it.
Old 10-02-2004, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

i forgot one thing, the tree lounge is not for you if you want an inexpensive stand. i paid right at $360.00 for mine. but i did order extras with it (gun holder, chill pad, padded arm rest, over-sized knobs and the cusion straps for back packing). i believe the basic stand listed around $270.00.
Old 10-03-2004, 02:55 PM

I like my lone wolf climber. It is quiet and reasonably quick to set up. No pins or knobs to loose, or noises when it is cold.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:21 PM

API is the best
Old 10-09-2004, 01:14 AM

Perhaps you read the tag wrong? The Summit Viper X4 is only 20lbs.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got a summit too....great climber you wont be sorry if you get one light quiet to climb and setting to climb with is a breeze!!
Old 10-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Summit Viper all the way, very comfortable, easy to use, hard to beat IMO
Old 10-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Am I the only one that does not use a pull-up rope?

First, I make sure the rifle is unloaded. I do use a pull-up rope with ladder stands, but not with my climber. It's an API Grand Slam Supreme, the current version is called API Grand Slam Extreme. This stand has a bar to sit on when lifting the bottom part of the stand. There is never an lifting done with the arms except for the top half of the stand and of course the rifle. I lay the rifle, scope down, across the arms the the chain goes through, grab the arms and put my thumbs on top of the rifle. These arms are padded and camoed.

Quick Reply: Climbing Deer Stand Question ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.