Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how to gut a deer?

Old 09-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default how to gut a deer?

I have a general idea how to gut a deer. One small question when it comes to the ructum area. What do you in this area? When it comes to the privite parts what do you do?
Old 09-16-2004, 07:38 AM

Default RE: how to gut a deer?

Privates-el slice o roni.Cut em off.If its a big set you can have them freeze dried and hang from rear view mirror.

As for the rectum,cut a circle all the way around it deep as your knife will go and pull it through into stomach cavity with the guts and then out to ground.If this is your first buck ever killed,check your hunting regulations,you may be required to give the anus a smooch before gutting deer.....
Old 09-16-2004, 07:42 AM

Take your time, sharp knife. Sometimes I go ahead and split the pelvis with a saw then it is a bit easier to cut around the Anus. Only takes a couple minutes. If you don't split it then I would do the cutting around the anus mostly from the inside, you can see better. I also hang all mine by the hind legs and spread them as wide as you can. Enjoy. . .[8D][8D]
Old 09-16-2004, 09:27 AM

If this is your first buck ever killed,check your hunting regulations,you may be required to give the anus a smooch before gutting deer.....
LMAO...good one.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is all kinds of ways i heard of gutting a deer. I just cut all the way to the esauphagus and split the buck between the hams down to the pelvic bone. If its warm the bone should split pretty easy i just use a knife, but a hatchet works good too. Before i split the bone i remove all entrails and hear and lungs then i move the deer to a new spot away from the guts. When splitting the bone try not to bust the pee sack! I then cutt away all the fat and film that holds the pee bag intact and pull out away from the hams.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:25 AM

Walmart sold a DVD, for about $5, on field dressing and butchering.
Old 09-16-2004, 11:38 AM

If it is a buck, I cut off his manhood and his 2 boys that hang out with him!!!!! I to split the pelvic bone, then get rid of the rectum. I find it is easier to gut out if the pelvic bone is split. It give you more room to operate!!!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 12:39 PM

When you do get the boys out of there, sometimes its customary to put them in your buddy's coat pocket without him knowing it.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Just cut off the cock-n-balls and toss em as far as you can through the woods. If you are with friends make a little game of it, who can through them further or who can hit the other from 30 yards,,,,just joking. I usually just cut them off and toss them in the gut pile. As far as the anus i leave it in till i get back and skin the deer and then i just stick my knife in and cut around it like coring an apple and pull it out.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

seems like everyone is saying to remove his manhood and toss them but check your state regs In NY you MUST LEAVE THEM ATTACHED Lord knows why , just another dumb ny law

Quick Reply: how to gut a deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.