Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

AB-Scent???

Old 09-08-2004, 06:43 PM

Default AB-Scent???

Has anyone used the AB Scent clothing before??? If so, what do you think? Is it just as good as Scent Blocker an or Scent Lok?

Thanks for the feedback!

Mike
Old 09-09-2004, 04:39 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: AB-Scent???

I've used an AbScent union suit before ,
and it does seem to help , but it ain't bulletproof . If you get sweaty it won't provide much protection .
Old 09-09-2004, 06:52 AM

Default RE: AB-Scent???

NC Buck

Don't know about the AbSent suit, but I can tell you for a fact that Scent-Lok works.

Had just climbed down out of my stand one time and was just standing there muching on a candy bar, when I saw a doe coming down the trail I had been watching. I still had my hood & gloves on, but the wind had switched and was now coming from behind me, blowing directly across the trail, and I knew it was just a matter of time before she busted me. She walked to within 15 yds of me, directly down wind, before she saw me. She wasn't sure what I was as I was standing perfectly still against a tree. Normally, I would have been busted as the wind was blowing directly to her. She did the stomping thing a couple of times to try to get me to move, but then just moved on down the trail.

This is an example of the Scent-Lok suit working 100%, but I totally agree with Kevin1 in that nothing is "bullet-proof" all the time. There have been times when I have been winded when I was wearing the suit. I have no doubt that the Scent-Lok suits give you an edge though.

firstshot