Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Topography

Old 09-01-2004, 06:08 PM

Default Topography

Do any of you know where I can find a topo map of some public land that I want to hunt? The area is Blanton Creek WMA and Private land near there. I've tried several websites and the Georgia DNR, but they've turned out to be very little help.

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Topography

http://www.usgs.gov/pubprod/maps.html

This is the homepage for the United States Geological Survey Map Section. There are several maps that you can download or order in paper form or in digital form. Hope this helps. Also, I don't know if there is any blm land in the area, but they have their own set of maps that show property ownership. These maps are also produced by the USGS. I would also contact the NWR that you plan to hunt and see if they have maps that would be of use to you. Hope this helps.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:21 PM

I got some really good maps of my WMA from www.topozone.com. They allow you to center the map over the area you want, and are really seamless when there is more than one USGS quad map in the area. The maps are waterproof and tear proof and are relatively the same size as USGS Quad maps. They costed about $10.00 dollars a piece a couple of years ago.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Fork Horn

I download topo and arial photo maps from TERRASERVER for free. I myself like the arial photos. Their like 10 years old but really helpful Your able to scan N,S,E,W, find other roads and all kinds of neat stuff. Hope this helps..
Old 09-02-2004, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try this link. Just find your area then right click the image and select save as. http://www.terraserver.microsoft.com/ If you just use terra server .com it won't let you save the images, that's why I always use Microsofts.