Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
What deer hunting experience made you maddest? >

What deer hunting experience made you maddest?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What deer hunting experience made you maddest?

Old 02-28-2002, 01:39 PM

Default RE: What deer hunting experience made you maddest?

I shot the biggest deer of my life at about 300yrds. The deer fell on the spot. I waited a little while, went to recover it when it sprung up and ran into the woods. It left a very good blood trail, so I followed it about 30 yrds where it had jumped a fence and died. I went to my jerk neighbors to get permission to retrieve the deer. After a long heated debate with him he let me. I went back to get the deer. When I got there his son had already ran off with it. I was not a happy camper. I guess thats what you get for being a good guy and trying to do the right thing.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

I was hunting with my son when he was 14. He put an arrow through the liver of his first deer...a nice 8 pt. While we were discussing whether or not to wait until morning to get the deer we heard a 4 wheeler in the direction the deer had run. They stopped and picked up his deer and took it before we could get there. It took my son until he was 22 before he took another deer.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:47 PM
Fork Horn

I was hunting with my son when he was 14. He put an arrow through the liver of his first deer...a nice 8 pt. While we were discussing whether or not to wait until morning to get the deer we heard a 4 wheeler in the direction the deer had run. They stopped and picked up his deer and took it before we could get there. It took my son until he was 22 before he took another deer.
Old 02-28-2002, 02:47 PM

Well, there are two times I won't forget. First, I had just shot my first deer and we going to let him die before finding him but it looked like I hit him real good. So we went to get my dad, and since it was a button buck I needed my antlerless deer tag but my dad forgot it in his van. So then we decided to ask the warden what we should do.(BAD MOVE) We called him up and we we went back the warden was there and asked use where I shot it. So he went over to investigate and ask to see if we had landowner permission. We had gotton it orally 'bout two years back but the guy died. So the warden went to this anti-hunter and asked if he would call his son in Conn. but we know he didn't and just said we didn't. My poor deer was taken away form me and also the warden got mad because we had dumped the guts on the side of the road, in a beaver ponds shore line. We told him the coyotes would get to it tonight so he goes on telling us how would we like it if he went over to our house a dumped a pile of sawdust in out yard. He was just a big jerk! Another time I was bow hunting for the first time and I saw a fourpt. walk past me at 40yrds. so I got buck fever wicked! Then to make it worse my arrow fell off! Soon, after I calmed down the buck appeared with 4 does then my other arrow fell off! I would have another but the broadhead was broke right out of the pakage.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a toss up:

Day 1 of 2000 season: After spending 3 months learning deer runs, building stands etc. Getting out 2 hr before light on opening day to have 8 people show up 5 minutes after opening and drive my property. Then when they are asked to leave they continue driving, push a deer out of the bush in front of me and shoot it.

Or

Day 2 2000 season:
I got to another stand 2 hr before light. Then 30 minutes before light a car drives up in front of my property. I approach the car in the dark to tell the person that this is my property. He fires 3 rounds in the dark over my head into the tree my stand is in.

Interesting experiences. It got worse after that, but now it's finally getting better.

Dan O.
Old 02-28-2002, 04:52 PM

It was this year after the season was over that i heard a friend, i should say a x-friend of mine had shot 21 deer, over the three months of our, bow and gun seasons this year.
Old 02-28-2002, 05:43 PM

I was Shotgun hunting this past year and i didn't get anything but i was siting on the ground and my hunting buddy went up the draw to flush the deer down and after he left about 5 minutes a 18 pointer came down with a doe and it was about 40yards away i had picked up the camcorder but i forgot to hit record and i was siting there counting the points it was all even and it had to huge drop tines in the back and i went to go and put it down and a 10 pionter came down the hill and they started to fight i had a clear shot at the 10 pointer but i wanted the 18 pointer and there was a tree n the way so i couldn't shoot the 18 pointer an then the 10 pointer ran off and i was so shaky i couldn't fire the shotgun and then they both ran off . i also saw a 10 pointer but forgot to laod the gun so didn't get to shoot it
Old 02-28-2002, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

1.Dumb as a Chunk Slob Hunters.

2.Dogs running around prime Deer habitat.

I won't go into the experiences,as it will just get me mad all over again!!!
Old 02-28-2002, 11:36 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-01-2002, 12:09 AM

Dodging bullets....from a hunting "partner"! That was the first, and last time!

If your mind should go blank...don't forget to [mute] the sound!

Quick Reply: What deer hunting experience made you maddest?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.