Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poaching problems?

Old 08-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Poaching problems?

Do you any of have poaching problems? hopefully we ending ours. there was these 5 guys that did a drive right through our property while we were hunting last year! well they drove the deer right to my uncle which he shot the deer right in front of them! they were scared s***less!! it was the funniest thing i have ever seen!! then after words were exchanged they left. hopefully they wont come back but there will always be poaching.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poaching problems?

My uncle right down the road has problems with his neighbors running dogs through his property and shooting his deer frm the road and a friend of mine also down the road has a problem with his neighbors shooting his turkeys but there both trying to take care of the problem now
Old 08-23-2004, 06:14 AM

My lease is 6,000 acres with about 17 miles of low perimeter fencing. After last season we asked the land owner to high fence one mile of the perimeter because some of the hunters on the adjoining property kept coming onto our lease.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lots of gun shots at night around here. And now people are reinforcing a junk truck front end and are running trophies down.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:53 AM

A cell phone is your best weapon against poachers and trespassers. I personally don't want to confront someone who is breaking laws with a gun but I sure have no problems making the phone call.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:03 AM
Dominant Buck

A picture says a thousand words ,
a cell phone only need five , "Get over here right now."

When all else fails one well placed shot says more than enough to deter most poachers . Aim above their heads ...
Old 08-23-2004, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

In response to Rusty...

Shooting from the road?!?! Shooting onto others property?

I wouldn't hesitate to try and video these losers! Believe me, when you show this to the coppers and offer them the tape for their use, you won't be able to knock the grin off his face with a baseball bat!

For everyone......shooting from the road, trespassing and taking game by illegal means IS NOT HUNTING! We should all lead our young hunters (our future) BY EXAMPLE. And by this I mean how we conduct ourselves and (just as importantly) how we take care of these problems.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 08-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

Our tenant on the lease caught 2 kids last fall whose truck got stuck in a field. He came over with the quad and called the state troopers. The kids ran and left their truck/spot light/ guns behind but the state trooper had no real interest in bringing these kids to justice so he basically let them go. really sucks when the cops are too "busy"!!!
Old 08-23-2004, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

In response to Rusty...

Shooting from the road?!?! Shooting onto others property?

I wouldn't hesitate to try and video these losers! Believe me, when you show this to the coppers and offer them the tape for their use, you won't be able to knock the grin off his face with a baseball bat!

For everyone......shooting from the road, trespassing and taking game by illegal means IS NOT HUNTING! We should all lead our young hunters (our future) BY EXAMPLE. And by this I mean how we conduct ourselves and (just as importantly) how we take care of these problems.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
no one actually lives on these 2 propertys yet so theres often no one there to tape and its done at night time alot to but the authorities have been told and they do alot more patrols through the area it dosent do to much good but its better then nothing. A kid I knew in school just got arrested for poaching less then a year ago him and his friends were driving around spot lighting and they shot I believe it was 12 deer in 2 days and dumped them at the end of a culdasac(sp?) 1 or 2 were fawns a couple were bucks and the rest were does and all they did was cut the horns off the bucks all the rest they just shot and dumped but he finally got caught and all he got was a small(couple thousand dollars)fine and that was it and get this it wasent even his first time being arrested for it he had done it before when he was younger people like that make me sick
Old 08-24-2004, 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: RustyOlRanger4x4
no one actually lives on these 2 propertys yet so theres often no one there to tape and its done at night time alot to but the authorities have been told and they do alot more patrols through the area it dosent do to much good but its better then nothing. A kid I knew in school just got arrested for poaching less then a year ago him and his friends were driving around spot lighting and they shot I believe it was 12 deer in 2 days and dumped them at the end of a culdasac(sp?) 1 or 2 were fawns a couple were bucks and the rest were does and all they did was cut the horns off the bucks all the rest they just shot and dumped but he finally got caught and all he got was a small(couple thousand dollars)fine and that was it and get this it wasent even his first time being arrested for it he had done it before when he was younger people like that make me sick
That just sickens me to my guts! I have seen some poachers and heard them at night before, my 12 GA and a few rounds of slugs usually scare them off. I don't give a damn about these kind of people, I try to blow their car up if I see them poaching!

my 2 cents...

Quick Reply: Poaching problems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.