Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Homemade trail camera

Old 08-16-2004, 08:53 AM

Default Homemade trail camera

I read in some of the forums that people were making their own cameras. I couldn't find any threads that had instructions on how to do it. Can someone post instructions or a link to a old thread?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Homemade trail camera

try jesses http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/...p?showforum=50
lots of helpful folks there
Old 08-17-2004, 02:06 PM

not to take anything away from those who are creative and builders of thier own trailcams, but with todays prices you have to wonder why you would go to all the effort?

A stealthcam film trail cam 35mm is $69 anywhere. Its waterproof, camo, infrared as well as motion activated. Flash is good out to 30 ft now and you can program how many pictures you take with whatever delay you choose in between. when its done it rewinds the film for 'ya and you do it all on 'AA' batteries that are cheap........

Walmart developes the pics for $3.69 for 24 single prints. How less expensive can you get.

True back in the day, trail cams were pricy and didn't have all the features of today and guys with soldering skills and parts of ex-nasa spacecraft in thier garages put together some nice ones. But then again some looked like a ammo box with 18 ounces of silicone caulking sqeeezing out....and they took no better pictures than what are coming out of my stealthcam at $69.

I have read a bunch of posts about someone's cousins brothers boyfriend who had one and it didn't work.... well third and fourth hand stories are not too reliable. I own two stealths (one for camp) and I am getting rolls with what I think are as good as any I have seen in message boards. And at $69 I am not loosing any sleep over losing one. Anyone with a hand tool and determination can remove any camera. Aircraft cable has not prevented all bicycles from being stolen and neither has the invention of the padlock.

If you like tinkering, making a trilcam may be cool, but if your just trying to save a buck then just go out and buy one IMO.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:03 AM

Building for 4+ years. My recommendation. Hags House