Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 ok this is it for me.....no more on this subject >

ok this is it for me.....no more on this subject

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

ok this is it for me.....no more on this subject

Old 08-12-2004, 08:44 AM

Default ok this is it for me.....no more on this subject

This whole thing about letting the lil guys walk has gotten kind of out of control. All I can say is if you want to ride around with a 3 ptr strapped to the hood of your countrysquare...and bring it home for you and your family to take pictures of thats fine. ITS YOUR TROPHY!!!.........hey dont feel bad my uncle does it.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: ok this is it for me.....no more on this subject

Dude relax we dabate stuff on here. Out of control? It's actually really civil.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea this is FAR from out of control. We are just getting started and the debate is going in a very orderly fashion. Wait til atlasman jumps in and starts quoting and replying to every other sentance. [8D]
Old 08-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Did you think you were just going to get reply's that said"that a great idea?"
Old 08-12-2004, 09:13 AM

I think everyone was quite cordial. We do on occasion get a little nasty and if that occures you'll see a thread disappear or get "cleaned"

Most importantly we are all hunters. We don't always agree but we are all still hunter none the less and I'd rather argue with my hunting buds here then with the anti's any day.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

you want to see out of control?? goto a pa hunting msg board and post something about I LOVE HR AND AR!! and see what happens lol........this wasnt out of control at all......just so many people see things like that diffrently that its really not something anyone can say is "right" you say pass on all small deer.....i saw i never see antlers so when i do im shooting him because if i dont the guy 100yds beside me will........huntings diffrent in diffrent areas........pa is finally changing and maybe one day ill start seeing more bucks.....bigger bucks....and i wont shoot the first thing that walks by.....
Old 08-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I say to each his/her own! Not everyone is a trophy hunter. Personally, a good size doe is as good or better than a young buck, but I do like venison, so so any decent aged buck or doe is fair game!
The main idea of bag limits is to keep the population within the carrying capacity of the land, if everyone held out for trophies or bucks only, hunting would not work as it is set up to do.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:04 AM

Or go onto the Bowhunting website and say you LOVE CROSSBOWS and hate COMPOUNDS. Those are fighting words over there. These are not my words mind you!

I have a friend this year who shot a button buck, the dumbest deer in the woods, and it was his first deer ever. After hunting for several years now and not getting anything, he didn't realize it was a buck untill it was too late. Anyway, it was his first and we were very happy for him.

T