Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Little off the subject. Just a lil. >

Little off the subject. Just a lil.

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Little off the subject. Just a lil.

Old 09-03-2003, 07:23 PM

Default Little off the subject. Just a lil.

I live in Ohio and am going to peace officers academy this winter at a local community college. Law enforcement is something I' ve always wanted to get into but I' ve always hunted and fished and loved the outdoors. So now I' m wanting to be a park officer and then possibl move up the ladder hopefully and be a wildlife officer someday. Are there any officers on this site I could email and ask some qquestions about my choances and choices pertaining to this career path I want to take? If so can you leave your email. If anyone responds I greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Paul
Old 09-04-2003, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Little off the subject. Just a lil.

There were several Game Wardens on here up until just after 9-11. You might be able to get an email address for one of them by doing a search on past forums. #1gamewarden was one of them and a great resource at that. Good luck.
Old 09-04-2003, 11:46 AM

I' m not a game warden but from what I' ve heard if you enjoy hunting don' t become one. Think about it. When the time is right to be out hunting you will probably have to work. I thought about becoming a game warden after leaving the military and it does seem like a natural choice of professions but it works against your hunting.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:04 PM

Best of luck to you. I know here, you just about have to have a Biology degree to get a job as a game warden.

Little advice from a former LEO, just remember to not take any of what you will deal with personally. People will either love you or hate you, there is no grey area. 95% of the time you will be dealing with the half that don' t like you, nor want to be around you.

I left law enforcement because I couldn' t afford to do the things I wanted to do on my salary. After 9 years as a cop, I made $7000 more my first year as an entry level peon and have since more than doubled my income while working at a low skill level job.

We are all lucky they can find folks who have it in their heart to do so a thankless job for such rediculous pay.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:48 PM

Tell me about it, Trebarker. I' ve always grouped police officers and teachers in the same category. Both are grossly underpaid for what they do with society. I know from experience too... I used to be a fourth grade teacher and my wife still teaches. (I have since moved on to the corporate world)...
Society has its priorities screwed up when they pay a guy millions of dollars to excel on the playing field, but only $30,000 to teach tomorrow' s leaders or to clean up our mixed-up streets.