Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

let the lil guys walk

Old 08-13-2004, 09:47 PM

Default RE: let the lil guys walk

Deerslayer_37:

Poaching is a problem across the rive rin iowa because all the big shots and rich guys want a big racked mount for their office, so thers alot of deer around here taht get poached for the antlers.
I find that hard to believe. I dont think a "rich guy" or a "big shot" is going to poach a deer or worry about getting caught poaching a deer. Why would they poach when they could easily hunt anywhere they want to? I think that the vast majority of deer that get poached are killed by the "average guy" who dosent have the money/time to hunt good places that hold big bucks, so they have to cheat and poach one because that is the only way there going to get one.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: let the lil guys walk

This statement sums up all that is wrong with "TROPHY HUNTERS"
Your statement paints all "Trophy Hunter's" with the same brush! This is one man's opinion and that all. I think the majority of "Trophy Hunters" could really careless what others shoot! I simply hunt for my own enjoyment and take the mentality you all do as well. If you ask me how can I harvest bigger deer, well then you better be prepared to hear about laying off the young, management, etc.

Why do any of us have to defend or argue are reasons for hunting, standards, etc No right or wrong here fellas/gals just different perspectives and at the end of phrase were all just "Hunter"!! (Meat or Trophy)