Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

big does

Old 08-09-2004, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default big does

Lately, I have been seeing a lot of (I would say to many) skinny skinny does. This past Thursday I finally saw a huuuuuuuge doe. Has anyone else been seeing too small and too many skinny does?
Old 08-10-2004, 02:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: big does

Not here in the AG part of Pa. fat mommas around here.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Plenty of fat sassy does here ,
not many folks try for does here so they get fat off the corn and beans .
Old 08-10-2004, 11:05 AM

NICE PLUMP,TASTY ONES
Old 08-10-2004, 11:39 AM

First of all this time of year they are still nursing or just weaning fawns. plus even though it looks like they would have alot of food, the food sources they like are skimpy. add in a summer coat and they look skinny.
i have had a very nice buck feeding around the house(probably 140 +) he looks skinny and my wife made a comment about how skinny he was . i told her just give him a little time to change his coat and start eating acorns plus let his neck start swelling and he won't look skinny anymore.

but for the most part the does i have seen just look normal , i can already imagine them coated in flour and frying or maybe simmering in some gravy........well i think i will go take a package out of the freezer for dinner tonight!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

the summer has alot to do with it but some deer just get bullied around too much to get to eat, and the doe population is way up, and some hunters..........i am not saying no names will not shoot does. Ill kill as many does the state will allow me to which here in ohio we can shoot 7deer, i plan on getting my limit with my one buck only.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:08 PM
Typical Buck

I must say the deer that I have been seeing are looking pretty darn healthy.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

my first year i shot a doe that i had vetern hunters tell me i wouldnt kill one bigger...but i shot a few her size since and one bigger......not bad in what...5 years? last year was the biggest....my scopes like 14 inches long...her head was bigger....i dont see much horns so i usually take a few does each year....and pass on the little ones....now if i could pass does im sure id see bucks....but how can you let a beastly doe walk right by you when u have a loaded gun and an empty doe tag??? i love deer meat too much...this year i plan on taking a doe or 2 in oct with the flinter...so rifle season i can wait for a rack....i dont want to shot any does with the rifle this year.......
Old 08-17-2004, 07:54 PM

the does are fat and ready to hunt where i go ill probly only take 2 does this year its me sons turn to fill the freezer then i can buck hunt
Old 08-17-2004, 08:15 PM

A lot of fat does with twins around my house. also seen 4 bucks. Should be a good season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.