Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

coyotes

Old 07-20-2004, 08:17 AM

Default coyotes

I hunt in Mid Ga. We have a real problem with coyotes.They are destroying our deer herd.I know this for a fact, they are killing all the fawns born each year.We see twice as many coyotes each hunt as we do deer and we kill as many as we can but they multiply very quickly.The strange thing about these coyotes is most of them are black.My question is what can we do to rid us of these killers.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:16 AM

Default RE: coyotes

Bait them and shoot them or hire them to be trapped out
Old 07-20-2004, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Timmit........it will kill everything that eats it but you kill the coyotes. I would get timmit and start dumping all of my gut piles on the property. Lace the gut piles with timmit and they will eat and they won't go far until they die. You can do the same with road kill. It looks like pepper but it's deadly. You are going to kill foxes, wild dogs, possums, coons and anything else that eats. However, in most parts of the country all of the varmints need thinning. JAT
Old 07-20-2004, 04:36 PM

we use a squeller and hunt them on our private land,loads of fun and thins them some.

silentassassin ; you have a PM.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard of a product that the biologists use that is droped out of helicopters that steralizes the females. Its a cube and the yotes eat it. Ask the game wardens they might be able to help you out.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:28 PM

if your dnr isnt doing anything about it,talk to them about it and if it comes to it try starting a pettition because its their JOB to take care of stuff like that.

also, if your laws/regulations say that u can ONLY shoot them in season, try getting a permit to hunt them on your land, but most likely you can shoot them legally on your land as a varmit...but u cant do nething with thim after they die.

and the most obvious solution....SHOOT THE SOB'S 24/7
Old 07-23-2004, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in PA we're developing a problem too. I got one 2 years ago on the first day of rifle buck season. Big male, about 45 pounds. Shot him in the neck, that cured him for eternity but I'm sure his pups live on. I heard that the coyotes we're getting in the east are really a hybrid of coyote and some kind of wolf. Anyone else hear this? I truly think that some animal lovers are breeding them in some clandestine effort to restore the predator/prey relationship so that hunting will become unnecessary, or maybe I'm just paranoid.