Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

DRUNK DEER

Old 07-09-2004, 01:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default DRUNK DEER

I heard it all I thought !!!!!! I was talking to a hunter on my ham radio today from Texas. He told me he mixes burgundy wine in the deer feeders. He said the deer love it and he says they get addicted to it. They cant stay away from the booze after a month of consuming the wine. He said they kick and head butt the feeders if they find no wine mix. He said he really believes they get DT's when he stops the wine. He made a extra strong mix on purpose one time and has video of the deer stumbling around drunk. He says he never fails to get a good buck. What people wont do !!!!!!!!!!! He has shot several 170 plus bucks while they under the influence. I know it is against the law to hunt under the influence,but never seen anything about feeding the deer booze in States where feeding is legal.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:05 PM

Default RE: DRUNK DEER

Are they drunk or in the advanced stages of CWD?
Old 07-09-2004, 02:09 PM

That's a new one. If that were a for sure thing, I'm sure many would be doing it and you'd hear about it. Good story though. I'd have to see it in person. he, he
Old 07-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

here in fla. its illegal to drug a deer and i suspect that giving them booze would fall under that catagory but its a new one on me
Old 07-09-2004, 02:54 PM

He has shot several 170 plus bucks while they under the influence
I think you meant to say he POACHED several 170 class buck[:@]

He is a fool and a slob.
Old 07-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you on this rack-------kinda like taking candy from a baby isn't it.

"Look over there dad,I think that deer is hammered,and look at that rack.Lets just walk up and whack him"

Come on,i"v heard of alot of "methods"but this takes the cake[]
Old 07-09-2004, 08:07 PM

Even if it is true, and deer like poundin a few now and then, its wrong to hunt them in that state. Shame on the person who does. [:'(]
Old 07-10-2004, 07:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think you meant to say he POACHED several 170 class buck

He is a fool and a slob.
Rack I agree that the guy is a fool and a slob, but if there is no law against getting deer drunk I don't think technically he is a poacher, if I am not mistaken it is legal to bait deer in Texas, of course if I am wrong he is a fool, slob, and a poacher!
Old 07-11-2004, 11:11 AM

They are right IF it happened hes a slob hunter, but it sounds to me like hes the one hitting the wine a little much. In my opinion sounds like a crock of xxxx!
Old 07-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think you meant to say he POACHED several 170 class buck

He is a fool and a slob
Once again Rack has put things back into perspective.
If this guy was baiting deer legaly and the bait fermented ,that is one thing. But to purposely drug or cause addiction to a creature that knows no better is sadistic.[:@] The guy should be shot up with some smack every day for a month then dropped in the middle of the Northwest Territory to see if he could get a fix. Or go cold turkey. He'd probably just go cold. Sorry for being so POed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.