Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Filling A daypack

Old 06-29-2004, 08:40 PM

Default Filling A daypack

What items do you feal are necessary in a daypack for a dawn to dusk rifle hunt?
Old 06-29-2004, 09:14 PM

Default RE: Filling A daypack

A bottle of water,and a 1st aide kit.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:07 AM

Water, jerkey, apples, cheese, radio, gps, first aid. EXTRA AMMO!
Old 06-30-2004, 02:39 PM

In addtion to what j3k2c1 said, I also put a extra pair of socks (I hate wet feet) and some toilet paper (beats using a leaf) in my pack.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:45 PM

Knives, gerber saw / bone saw , matches.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

knife, lighter/matches, rattling antlers, calls, scents, scent-away, toilet paper, food, rain gear, first aid kit, cell phone (for emergency) 2-way radio if you are going with a friend, drink, lots of ammo, and a flashlight just in case. maybe some rope but i dont know the conditions of your hunting day
Old 06-30-2004, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

thermocell, water, knife, ammo,muchies, lighter, flashlight,drag, cameracell phone,first aid kit,potty paper,no scent wipes or spray,compass......probably left something out but i'll remember, lol.....
Old 06-30-2004, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't even begin to tell you how long this is about to be, I almost always wear a "fanny pack" on an A-Harness I picked up at an Army surplus store:

2pair extra gloves, 2pair latex/nitrile gloves, 20mL syringe and needle+40mL vials, cover scent, scent lure, hatchet, 2 gut knives+2sharpeners, bone saw, drag lines, glow sticks, 2 flashlights+extra batteries, cell phone, maps (where needed), pliers, multitool, water (usually worn in a "Camelbak"), extra socks, 1st aid kit, beef jerky and a sugary snack, torch lighter, matches, dry tinder, fishing line and needle (instant stitches), wallet/tags, 2 pens, extra ammo (in case I have to fire for someone to find me), extra head covering, shooting sticks, extra tree climbing steps, a gear tow line (into the stand), orange ribbon/tape, blind material and pickets, and anything else I think I might just need that day....I also usually lash a small folding stool, 3legged or X-squared type, to my camelbak, so I can sit anywhere at any given moment, I wrap them in electrical tape around padding to silence any metallic scratching or clanking.

I also carry a small notebook/planner/diary to chronicle and map where and when I'm seeing deer or how the day conditions are, it's in a small pouch I sewed onto the front of the A-Harness...absolutely invaluable tool for hunting!

I know it sounds like a lot, but it really doesn't weigh that much, I'd imagine the whole kit and kaboodle weighs in around 10# with ~2L of water, the hatchet, the stool, the blind, and all the small gear, nothing really since I haul it the right way (around my hips that is)...My rifle or bow are far more cumbersome than any of my gear, unless I'm handgun hunting!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:44 PM

Well i dont cary that much stuff bcuz where I hunt it isnt a mile away from people.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:18 PM

Ammo
bore snake
compass
gerber pakaxe
gerbersaw
rope
space blanket
matches
flint/ magnesium starter
water(built in bladder)
food(MRE) one at least
extra socks
pair of gloves
cold weather hat
flagging tape'
2 knives
roll of electrical tape
T.P.
couple plastic bags
there's probably something I'm forgetting but I got lost once w/out anything but a rifle....I ain't never going w/out that stuff ever again.

Quick Reply: Filling A daypack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.