Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 06-29-2004, 04:13 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-29-2004, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: food plott for nc

Cow peas seem to work well. I would suggest planting soy beans in June next year, but cow peas this year. Don't be suprised if the deer don't seem to eat them until around Sept-Oct this year.
Good luck.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have always had good luck with a mixture of iron clay peas and soybeans in the spring/summer and then go behind that with buck oats and wheat in the late fall/winter. Good luck.
Old 06-29-2004, 04:09 PM

In NC (I live in Union County) since there is a TON of corn and beans, go with the things that will surely pull them out, acorns 8)
Check your local feed store, alot of them (around here anyway) actually carry huge (like 100pd bags) of acorns for around $50.
Also, more time consuming is, dig a small pond, I had a friend of mine dig out a pond, sure only about 3 ft deep and maybe 8 ft in radius, but it works !!! Line it with rubber lining and poor in some water...