Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

the Benoits...

Old 06-22-2004, 07:22 PM

Default the Benoits...

whatya think of them? have u seen any of there videos? i have seen them both.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:33 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: the Benoits...

I have meet them all a few times and attended their seminars. They sure know how to read sign and track. However, did you notice that most of the time their hunts are shot there is snow on the ground. I don't know about you but where I hunt the snows come much later than the deer season
Old 06-23-2004, 06:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

The last huntable snow cover I have seen was in 1972. Dang near went blind that day.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The magazine article (Field & Stream or Outdoor Life) that was out the last 4-5 months was excellent. Can't remember which magazine it was in but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The hunting situations they described were so much like the hunting I have in northern Michigan...it was a good read.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

We gun hunt with plenty of snow on the ground usually. The Benoits are excellent trackers and know & understand deer movement & behavior better than anybody else. Hunting those big timber bucks isn't easy at all. The Benoits take tracking to a new level. They will go for hours & hours & sometimes even stay overnight in the woods. I have seen both of their videos and read the books. I have spoken to them several times at local sportsman's shows as well. Great guys, really down to earth, and no bullsh*t. Definately good stuff for New England!
Old 06-23-2004, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the first things they mentioned about their style of hunting is they want snow. They are trackers and their track records speak for themselves. Since I hunt New England (Maine and NH), I can relate. I feel like a Little Leaguer watching a game at Fenway when I see how successful they are. They are so good, when anyone of the Benoits decides this is the track they will follow, that buck's life expectancy was just reduced to hours, if not days. I have more respect for them and a few others (Drury Brothers) than many others I have read, or seen on TV.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Who are they? The name sounds familiar to me and yet I do not recognize any of your comments
Old 06-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

These guys are the absolute best . No ifs ands or buts about it. I feel for the buck they are hunting it has no chance.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Larry Benoit and his three sons from northern Vermont. They have been around for 40+ yrs. They are the absolute best when it comes to tracking deer. They don't need snow, but they are the first to admit, it sure increases their odds. As an example, Lanny, one of the sons has an average dressed weight of over 240 pounds for the last ten yrs. This was in a recent Outdoor Life mag.
For more info, check out http://www.larrybenoit.net/
Old 06-23-2004, 12:47 PM

did u see a few moths ago in north american whitetail magazine, the cover was "is LANNY Benoit the greatest deer hunter in America?" way back when field and stream did "is LArrry benoit the greatest" .

like father like son

Quick Reply: the Benoits...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.