Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Jackpot! More SLOBS!!!

Old 06-28-2004, 09:01 PM

Default Jackpot! More SLOBS!!!

Well, out scouting tonite, my usual once a week outing to glass the fields. Right off i watched a huge bodied 8 point at the ears walk out followed by a noticably smaller bodied fork horn. They seemed to nuzzle each other for about 3 seconds and then the 8 point just kicked him with his front paw and drove him off from the other 3 bucks.he kinda hung back away from the other bucks after that it seemed. after i quietly slipped away, i saw the neighbor's hay was mowed so now i could see over the grass. i quickly glanced over the front field of theirs and was just about to throttle the four wheeler back even farther when i caught movement at 500 yards. i brought teh 10X50's up and saw a buck as big as the one i just glassed. i saw two other bucks, neck high in oats, and just as big as him. I finally solved my problem. I didnt know up until then that the bucks i watched previously in the evening were different than the 3 big ones i saw the other nite. the 3 big ones bed on the other side of our land. so i have 4, possibly 5 good bucks running around....2 or 3 are going to be true blue SLOBS!!!!!!!! hopefully i get some pictures of them to show you guys. maybe even some posing with them in october???

slayer
Old 06-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jackpot! More SLOBS!!!

well good luck when the season starts slayer. hope to see you posing with one of those pigs!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome Slayer, Whack a slob, save an oat feild!
Old 06-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds promising, best of luck with those guys. One question have you been watching those tv adds for fishing lures where they start yelling about slob fish all the time, that was such an annoying ad lol, nothing against you at all though, just i havent heard anyone talk like that till that commercial [8D]
Old 06-30-2004, 08:54 PM

thanks guys. Yeah TD, i saw that one lol. he gives slob a bad name. Oh, talked to my neighbor today...im even more confused...turns out the 8 point and fork horn were alone and there were no other bucks with them. he said that 8 point is way outside the ears, already 16 inches inside at least. theres another group of 5 with two dandies in it. plus the group of 3. all these bucks have their core areas where i can hunt. man im psyched! plus my bow came in yesterday, picking it up on the 10th!!! good luck yall

PS, bukmastr- i saw a shirt in the Eders catalog with a slob rubbing a tree with teh caption, kill a buck, save a tree!

slayer