Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what brings in the big boys??? >

what brings in the big boys???

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what brings in the big boys???

Old 05-31-2004, 01:29 PM

Default what brings in the big boys???

i was just wondering what do yall use to bring in alll the big bucks? like what kind of food, do you use scents, calls, etc...? we have some monster deer down at my property and i just want to make sure that i can get the big boy im after. we usually take 8000 pounds of potatoes and 2000-3000 pounds of beets and other vege's dow to our land every year.(it doesnt cost us a penny)

heres a picture of one of the bucks im after(taken in march 2004, dropped 1 side of rack)

Old 05-31-2004, 01:29 PM

Default RE: what brings in the big boys???

here is another view of him

ill put a pic of a mount we have that is similar in size to the buck we have down at our property i am also after...
Old 05-31-2004, 02:18 PM

there is a deer at our property that is about this size or bigger that im after(this one my great g-pa shot)

Old 05-31-2004, 02:19 PM

another view.

Old 05-31-2004, 05:11 PM

you just gotta be where the big boys are when they come out. scents help sometimes but not all same with grunts etc. my best trick is to watch the does, and sooner or later he is gonna be looking for a sweetheart.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

FOOD DRINK AND SEX!!!!!! Sort of the same thing that brings in hunters
Old 05-31-2004, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

ditto what james b said
Old 05-31-2004, 07:51 PM

so what do you want me to do? put a doe decoy standing in a pile of corn, potatoes and carrots with a doggybowl of water infront of it with doe in heat scent on its a$$??? lol... do you think that would work?....
Old 05-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Mad, James is saying look for these factors and pick a spot that encompasses all 3. If you employ bait I would pick a substance that deer would favor for your area, then place the bait in areas where big deer will come to them during daylight...ie: shadows in the travel areas with cover they feel safe. The does will feed more freely and the buck are sure to follow come breeding. The key with baiting is placement and numbers, the more animals you have coming to your bait the higher the odds that the one you want will eventually show up.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:58 PM

To be honest, spend lots of time scouting, learn the area, and which trails to watch. Rome wasn't built in a day, just be patient and very quiet.

Quick Reply: what brings in the big boys???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.