Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ!

Old 02-23-2002, 02:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: EVERYONE PLEASE READ!

All the above and one more: it's the right thing to do.
Old 02-23-2002, 06:25 PM

WHY DO I HUNT?...I could go on forever.Talk about the peace and quiet,the being one with nature,the things that I see that a non-hunter will NEVER see.The broterhood of being with others like myself,a chance to enjoy a sunrise and sunset the way that it's supposed to be enjoyed,and on and on and on.The bottom line is we were all born hunters,some retained it,others did not.I have 2 sons that have very little interest in hunting and neither does my wife.I don't try to force them to do something that they are not truly interested in.Do I wish they would join me?Of course,but it is their decision to make.One day,who knows,they may want to get involved,and if so,they will be welcomed with open arms.No questions asked.In the meantime,I don't try to mold them into copies of me,and they don't try to change me.Final thought...I HUNT BECAUSE I LOVE TO HUNT!!!
Old 02-23-2002, 11:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-24-2002, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do I hunt?? Let me count the reasons. Firstly, why do I miss church on Sunday to sit in a deer stand? Because it lets me do more than just pray to God, when I am allowed to sit there in the cold, enduring the bitter winter, God rewards me, I see him, the world comes to life before my very eyes, several mornings I'll just sit for hours on end just watching, even if deer do come out, I'll just watch them in all of His glory. It gives me an inner peace like nothing else, I feel like everything is right in the world, at least for the moment.
Secondly, I am a natural predator, I'm going to use the abilities that God has blessed me with. It is a way to get back to nature, to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, to just be myself, to do what I love.
Thirdly, I hunt to preserve the balance of animal populations and protect the non-hunters. Whether it be protecting them from overrun deer populations, resulting in hundreds, if not thousands of car accidents in Kansas annually or emmense damage to farmers' crops, or from overrun coyote populations that carry away ranchers' young calves, or lambs, or ducks, or housepets.
Finally, I hunt because as Hank Williams Jr. put it, it's a "family tradition." My great grandfather took my grandfather who took my father who took me, leaving a connection through the generations. It doesn't matter if my father and I are mad as hornets with eachother, when we load up the dogs and hit the creek looking for ringtail bandits, we're just as close as ever. And to follow tradition, I will take my children hunting, and teach them to respect nature and the land the way I was taught by my father.

I'm doubtful that this is likely to be the one any of you vote for, but if it is, I'd be glad to have it published anywhere you want to put it, Dakota Base.
Old 02-25-2002, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

When does everyone want to start voting on a favorite? and should we do it on the same thread or move it to a different one?

"Nocked,cocked & ready to rock"
Old 02-25-2002, 10:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

BOWFANATIC you may want to do the voting by email, just a suggestion, there are some good ones.

The Tazman
Old 02-26-2002, 02:40 PM

Why do I hunt?

Because I can.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

bump
Old 02-28-2002, 05:12 PM

I hunt to be able to be out in the woods, or if you prefer, nature, to be by my self, to get away from day to day, and think about differnt things, its not only the hunt i enjoy, but just enjoying the differnt, things you see out there
Old 02-28-2002, 05:12 PM

I hunt to be able to be out in the woods, or if you prefer, nature, to be by my self, to get away from day to day, and think about differnt things, its not only the hunt i enjoy, but just enjoying the differnt, things you see out there

Quick Reply: EVERYONE PLEASE READ!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.