Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Interesting Conversation

Old 04-23-2004, 04:08 PM

Default Interesting Conversation

Just was out at our new place in the woods getting our lot surveyed today. I had planned on deer hunting there (in our back yard) this year. Anyway, one of the neighors stopped by from down the road. He told me all about how he has shot deer on our property, which my father-in-law previously owned but never built on. He said it was a good thing he got his stand out of there before we started building this summer. I thought to myself, I guess so, especially because no one offered permission to him to do so. Then he told me all about the trails that go through, which I've already noticed and flagged with ribbon on tree branches, and said the neighbor adjacent to us shot a nice 10 point buck on his own land last year (couple of hundred feet away) and had it mounted. I'm getting worked up for this Fall already!
Old 04-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Interesting Conversation

Now you have to gently work it in there that if they expect to be able to hunt your land you expect to hunt theirs. Good luck next season.
Old 04-23-2004, 07:56 PM

He said it was a good thing he got his stand out of there before we started building this summer.
Make sure you thank him for putting a stand up for you! That was awefully nice of him!
Old 04-24-2004, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like fun!!! Let us know how you do there next year.
Old 04-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, I would be worked up too!! Sounds like you will be having some good seasons ahead!!
Old 04-25-2004, 10:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

About twenty years ago my wife and I bought about 100 acres of good deer hunting land in South Dakota. Best move we ever made. We will retire there God willing.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: JimboHunter1

He said it was a good thing he got his stand out of there before we started building this summer.
Make sure you thank him for putting a stand up for you! That was awefully nice of him!
JimboHunter1, reread the quote. It sounds like he said he removed his stand, ie: got his stand out of there.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:33 PM

I guess I thought it was funny how he didn't think that there was anything wrong with trespassing on someone's property.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

funny, I never saw a mention of POSTED signs??
doesn't make it right, but...
just playing devils advocate
Old 04-28-2004, 06:27 PM

No, not right and not legal in Minnesota. True, a posted sign would help deter someone who doesn't know any better. But the ironic thing is that he knows hunting on that land can be somwhat dangerous if you're not courteous and don't use common sense. All of the lots in our neck of the dense woods are about 3-4 acres and long and narrow so its close quarters to your nearest neighbor. Our new next door neighbor shotgun hunts on the property adjacent to ours. The guy even knows where the neighbor's stand is. Yet this guy set up right along our property boundary next to the neighbor (less than 100 feet away) and was firing several shots. You can believe there will be posted signs up this fall. I plan to bowhunt only and stay out of the woods on the two shotgun weekends. This way, the neighbor and I can be respectful of one another, remain safe, and each enjoy a (hopefully) fruitful hunting experience.

Quick Reply: Interesting Conversation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.