Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting is for the rich!!!!!

Old 02-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting is for the rich!!!!!

I do most of my hunting on public land(which sucks for big bucks) I Cant afford to go on a guided hunt. These hunts for a trophy buck can run up to $5000.00. The future of hunting is going to be for Doctors, Lawyers, and corporate america!!!!
Old 02-17-2002, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting is for the rich!!!!!

I wish that hunting was still the way it was in the begining of the U.S.. American men, venturing out into the brush and taking game at only the cost of their rifles and bullets. That is the way I hunt, but I realize that not all people have the option of hunting their own land or other private properties. Thank God for the country and rural areas.
Old 02-17-2002, 05:08 PM

umm, sure, I guess. I know private lands tend to have much larger deer, but so what? I hunt to have fun and I have fun on public lands. I'd like to do a guided hunt sometime, but I'm not in a rush. I just want to have fun!
Old 02-17-2002, 05:46 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-17-2002, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Well put shedmanpyro. I would just like to add that I also bowhunt public land. Yeah it's tough and it takes alot of work. You really have to get out there and do ALOT of scouting. I like to go back as far as I can. Where your average bowhunter will not hunt. Especially a thick marsh. When I put in all that work and the end result is venison in my freezer (buck or doe) that's priceless.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:21 PM

I agree you can put some money in to it if you want to keep up with the Jones, But I'm just your every day average Joe who asked a farmer who owned about 30 acers of woods on the back side of his corn field if I could hunt it and he said sure . I have harvested a couple real nice bucks out of there always keeping the farmer in mind when the meat comes back we got to be pretty good friends. So you don't really have to be rich Just ask.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-17-2002, 08:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Makes me glad I hunt where I do.Permission to hunt private land is easy to get at no charge.
Old 02-17-2002, 09:29 PM

The access to hunt up here is great. Not many people, because the pay up here is terrible. People are moving out at an amazing rate, which means plenty of room to hunt. If you own your own bussiness consider North Dakota as a great place to set up shop. Low crime rate, great place to raise kids. Room to roam.
Old 02-17-2002, 10:57 PM

Maybe you should try to scout more or find a different area where you hunt.And also try to intercept them on the trails leading into the private land. Try talking to the land owner in the spring and summer then just knocking on his door during hunting season.It sounds like you've been watching to many hunting videos where they hunt on ranches,and game preserves.

Quick Reply: Hunting is for the rich!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.