Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poll: Which Would You Choose?

Old 03-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Poll: Which Would You Choose?

Wow tough question. I love my whitetail hunts couldn't live without that. Mulies I've also hunted. If I had to choose I'd have to take the moose.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now I'm talking archery not rifle here.
I hunt Whitetail and moose here and just love them both, nothing like the feeling of a 1200lb moose walking in on you ,I'll tell you a moose for his size certainly can catch you by surprise with just how quiet this big giant can be.Talk about shaking in your boot's! we took a 1200lber last season at 5yrds ,now that's close .I love the Whitetail as well, but I'd have to say a dream hunt would definetly have to be archery Elk for sure .

nubo
Old 03-20-2004, 06:05 AM

#2 Whitetail, no question about it. My brother inlaw and I have talked about this before. I'd rather shoot a big whitetail over anything else.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Moose. But when it came right down to it I would have a hard time giving up my other hunting for the year as our deer hunting trip back home to SD is also part of the wife and I's vacation each year. Maybe for one year though.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've always wanted to hunt a trophy mule deer. I can hunt a whitetail anytime and I don't have a wall big enough to hang a trophy elk or moose.
Old 03-21-2004, 03:54 PM

I've always wanted to hunt trophy mule deer out west so that would be my choice!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:12 PM

Trophy elk. I've never had a chance to hunt elk and it sounds like it would be awesome. Maybe one day
Old 03-22-2004, 07:27 PM

ELKampMaster-I guess I'll vote again :-) Still the same though, it would have to be a big Yukon bull moose.

I, like others here have a real pasion for the whitetail, and I think it may have been rack-attack who said scouting like he does it (or something like that) is #1. Again, I too hunt in extremely remote areas of our state and patterning a big bruiser is awesome, but until you have a bull elk screaming at you, you have never felt your hair stand on your neck like that moment in time! Been there done it (and can't wait for my late season hunt this year) but I have such a passion to take a "big" bull moose some day....and I mean a true 65"+ bull, he would have to get my vote!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:46 PM

i would have to say the elk, because i dont think i will ever have an opportunity to take a trophy elk.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:05 AM

can we breed a moose with a elk? I'll take that a mooselk. I have hunted mulies and whitetails, I have been putting in for the elk in PA and will put in for moose in Maine.. Wait I know I would pick Buffalo.

Quick Reply: Poll: Which Would You Choose?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.