Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer mount

Old 03-12-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Deer mount

When you are getting a shoulder deer mount what type of pose do you think looks best on the deer. I.E sneak semi sneak etc.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer mount

The mount I had done this year was a right turn Semi Sneak. It looks great. It is a Van Dyke form, but I don't know the exact model #. I am very happy with it.
Old 03-12-2004, 11:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

To me it depends on the deer's features. IE: if he has high/thick tines I like him proud and loud. If he has mass and width the sneaky looks real nice. Also the positioning on the wall can make a difference to the mount you choose. When getting a mount I factor in both looks and place on the wall to determine which would be the best look for that particular mount. Ah lets face it, if done properly they all look GREAT!!!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:20 PM

i agree with u skeeter all depend on the buck
Old 03-15-2004, 12:21 PM

I went with the semi sneak this year, not quite sure how its going to pan out. Our walls are only around 8 or 9 ft in our house so i thought the upright position was out of the question because the deer is a pretty tall bugger. Going to get the mount back in november sometime and then fight with my mother to have it put in the living room....
Old 03-15-2004, 12:32 PM

i also think it all depends on the bucks features.

i am considering a remount for my 16 pt, i was only 16 at the time and told the taxi to do what he thought best, well it didnt turn out the way i thought, he had him turned to the left, whatever you call that position. problem is he scored 222 boone and crockett, it just doesnt look all that great i wish i had him sraight and alert.

anybody know where i can get a good cape (at least 26 in) cheap? from what i understand the cape can be the most expensive thing in a remount.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:53 PM

anybody know where i can get a good cape (at least 26 in) cheap?
LOL........26 ers don't grow on trees

I know someone can get you 17"er for real cheap
Old 03-16-2004, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

anybody know where i can get a good cape (at least 26 in) cheap?
No such thing. Expect to pay a good price for a cape that big. But, it depends on where that measurement came from. If it's an over the hair measureement at the swell, it won't be too hard to come by. If it's a carcass measurement at the atlas, good luck finding one for less than a couple hundred dollars.
Old 03-16-2004, 09:29 AM

I think it all depends on what you like. I personally like the semi-sneak. I mounted my dads dder and my deer from this year. I mounted my dads in the upright and mine in the semi-sneak. And I like mine better. But that could just be because its mine and its was bigger than my dads.