Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 02-13-2002, 05:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-13-2002, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I want to learn how to deer hunt. . .?

YOUR BEST BET WOULD BE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU STATE GAME DEPARTMENT THEY SHOULD HAVE ALL THE INFO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. BEST OF LUCK IN YOU NEW ADDICTION
Old 02-13-2002, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are books & videos on hunting at most libraries .That isn't as good as learning in the field but it would be a start .Most people get started with family or a friend ,I've never heard of a school to learn to hunt .Maybe a guide school would help .
Old 02-13-2002, 09:33 PM

You must have a family member or friend that hunts, ask around. That would be the best.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:14 AM

Learning about deer biology & behavior will put you on the right track (pun intended). Study your quarry, and you're on your way!

My $0.02

Old 02-14-2002, 01:01 AM

Greets,
Where you at?? I am no expert, but I would be glad to take you out a time or two ( or more if you want ). I havent ever heard of any schools except guide schools that teach hunting, I learned a little from dad, a lot from a freind, and even more with the freind by trial and error.
Just find someone you are close too, and get together a few times, if you click go hunting with him / her.
Oh, and reading the books available on the subject never hurts, the more you know the better you are.

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry

Edited by - Adui13 on 02/14/2002 02:03:30
Old 02-14-2002, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

there is tons of info out there, but, the best you can get is experience, either your own time in the woods or somebody that is willing to share. going with someone the first few time is invaluable.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

A good place to start for all around general info would be to take a Hunters Safety Course. It should provide alot of helpful info. And you will probably need to take one anyhow to get a license.
Old 02-14-2002, 11:11 AM

I'm not sure where you are located in this world but right now there are "Deer & Turkey Expos" being given all over. These type of events would give a chance to learn from some of the best hunters in the world. It will also give you the chance to meet amny others hunters and share thoughts, ideas or ask questions. The internet is a great rescource but not the only by far. Videos can show you and teach you some great things as well. Plus it comes with rewind. Once you're out hunting the prey you seek will teach you more than anyone.Good luck and good hunting.
Old 02-14-2002, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the addiction of deer hunting!
The best place to stat as some have said, is a Hunters Safety Course.
From there the best place would be a friend that has hunting experience. Also there are many good hunting vidios on the market, and there is a lots that you can learn from them.
Lastly, get into the woods, scouting and hunting! Learning to be a hunter is a lifelong journey, and while it is never too late to start, you also will never know it all! I learn new things every time I'm out in the woods! When the Whitetail deer stops amazing me I'll quit hunting! Good luck!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.