Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

permanent tree stands

Old 03-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: permanent tree stands

sort of but not exactly. ours are a bit more "simple" (?) we don't have a "step-like" feature. ours have a flat deck with a bench seat in the back. i'll trya nd get up behing my house and takes some pics
Old 03-03-2004, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok. i think i know what you mean. so it is pretty much a ladder with a platform at the top and then a seat up against the tree?

old guy yeah it is a pretty nice design i think it is off this sight. i wander how hard it will b 2 make

P.S. i am still looking for designs
Old 03-04-2004, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

here are some pics

I can't embed the pics because they are too big - does anyone know how I can get them posted??
Old 03-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

if u put them on a site and post a link. i used geocities 2 make my site and i dont think there is a limit on how big the file can be.
u can try www.hunt101.com i think it is free also
Old 03-04-2004, 03:37 PM

old guy that ain't a stand thats a tree house lol.......also some places have a restiction as to how big a stand can be so you have to be careful to check these things out.....but that is a fine lookin peice of work old guy......
Old 03-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put them in the gallery on this site (they may not be up for a bit - a Mod has to approve). This site should get u there.

http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/album...rtType=6&page=
Old 03-04-2004, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok thanks ill b waiting. how long we talkin

hey i just noticed u shoot a biscuit rest. is it the new 04 model? how do u like it?
Old 03-04-2004, 07:26 PM

all i do to make a stand is simply build a ladder out of logs, cut out of my woods whick work fine,make a ladder out of them, make a simple platform of plywood and 2x4s', attach, add a few braces and walla. . . .. i also drill holes in my logs used as a ladder/supports and make rope steps. . .nice and quiet
Old 03-04-2004, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

se pressure treated lumber and pole barn nails.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

actually that is my rig to be. everything is in except for the sight and i can't wait to get it set up. i did a lot of research and asking about the bisquit and feel very confident that it will work well. I got a good deal on the delux QS at the PA show, but it was the old version. as far as i know and have seen they don't have the new model in the delux yet - I was told that they are waiting to release them until the old ones are gone. i will wait and see how mine works and then might possibly get a replacement disc with the new bristles.

Quick Reply: permanent tree stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.