Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

food plots????

Old 02-21-2004, 09:23 AM

Default food plots????

im here in ohio and i have this open field about 1/2 an are that is sourounded by woods and thickets for deer beddin. I have been feeding them and now in the open field i hame thinking of planting a food plot made by antler king its called a honey hole and you plant it in the fall and it is feed during the winter i was wondering if anyone has ever tryed this and could get me some tips or how well the deer like it

Thanks,
Ohio Hunter 45
Old 02-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: food plots????

You may have better luck getting an answer on the Wildlife Management forum. I'm not familiar with this blend.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:02 PM

hi there im from ohio too.belmont monroe county ,like you i have a little field around words i planted tecmo monter mix,red and white clover,and i really like it it last 3 to five years the big bag is about 40.$and id good for alot of land ,i have just a little then a half arc.i planted the hole damn thing and its great,not alot of bucks this fall,but i killed a doe that field dreeed over 200 pounds and my wife killed a some doe that was her first deer kill ever,i really like this product >>> good luck and lets get the big one this year from ohio>>>>>> yourhunting friends from ohio ...
Old 02-24-2004, 05:53 PM

well thanks timber cruiser ill try the other forum,,,, also thanks coalminer yep lets go after a big one well theres some monsters runnin around in ohio,, also coalminer wouldnt it be cool if we could use a high powered rifle in ohio we use muzzle loader whats thr difference?? we would have less wounded deer runnin round with shogun holes in them. Well coalminer u goin to the ohio deer and turkey expo?/

OhioHunter45