Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Dealing with the wait

Old 02-11-2004, 03:46 PM

Default RE: Dealing with the wait

i agree with gahunter19, i brought my deer head to the taxidermist on nov. 20th , and i got it back on january 26th . i was shocked that it was done so fast , but he only does so many every year and does his own tanning.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guy I took it to also does his own tanning and according to his rough estimates I could be getting a call from him any day. With the antler restrcitions in PA there's been rumors of taxidermists getting slammed with people bringing in nicer deer, he may have gotten busy.

I took mine in nov 5th and he had a buck that had been shot the 1st day(beginning of Oct) that was drying and needed some painting. It was supposed to be ready in a couple more weeks he said. I thought that was fairly fast.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:24 PM

I know the wait is killing me. I shot it on Thanksgiving and the taxidermist said I should have it back in March, April or May. He has done two other mounts for me both of witch were done quicker than he said though. I had my goat back in 30 days. I am deffinatly chomping at the bit though.