Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poachers! Any suggestions?

Old 02-13-2004, 06:32 AM

Default RE: Poachers! Any suggestions?

there is another way of looking at the loss of 15 or so acers to hunt.
If it is the hunters that have the right to hunt the other part ; if they are caught,then the owner may let "YOU" hunt the other 200 acers also.

MAKE THE CALL.
Old 02-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, I still haven't made the call. Been out of town on business and too dang busy at work to remember it. I almost forgot I posted this.

Here's the deal though: the person I assume put these carcasses back there is the caretaker of the property. The land owner doesn't hunt and is rarely if ever out there. Last year this time of year I could set my watch to the deer feeding in the late afternoon - most always 5-6 of them, sometimes up to 20. I've seen 3 deer since the end of season Jan 1. Hmmmm

Ok ok. I'll call.[:-]
Old 02-13-2004, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since you say they are "fresh" I would call immediately(I'm assuming the season has been over a while where you are).

If they are not really fresh, then maybe that is just where they dump their hides and scraps from the season. We have a spot we call the graveyard...and every season it gets about 25+ thrown onto it...the majoity in a couple week period. If someone came across that pile, they could easily assume the same thing. However, they are all legally taken and checked in.

If you seriously think there is a poaching problem, I'd call anyhow and let the DNR figure it out.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Call the DNR.

We have a big problem with poachers in CA really bad. I was reading something the other day and it is esimated that 10,000 animals were taking illegaly in a year. I think this is another big reason that it is harder to find a place to hunt or get permission to hunt on private land due to idiots who poach [:@]
Old 02-14-2004, 12:30 AM

i was thinking of what you said today at work. and if you kill some deer cut off the heads then why pick up the rest, why not just leave it where you shot it or something?
Old 02-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

ive found a few whole skeletons up where i was hunting last year it made me wonder why and who these types are sad individuals..[:-] and the trash that some people haul to the mountains it is very sad what can you do unless you catch them ?? should it still be reported ??
Old 02-18-2004, 08:01 AM

if you report it at least the dnr will be aware of the problem.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:28 PM

I own a small furniture factory and when talking to both the Romanian and Mexican workers who immigrated here they all seem to poach! They don't worry about limits or game laws as their countries didn't have those. They no longer do it but they sure did for many years after coming here. I yell at them and tell them if they do it they can and will lose guns and trucks and that they deserve it. I suspect that is part of the California problem as well as Arizona. Different cultures.[:@]
Old 02-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Dominant Buck

There's no excuse for poaching no matter where you come from . You are responsible for knowing and following the game laws in every state . We have the same problem with the Amish in some parts of my state , many here just got fed up with them and started shooting . They trespass , poach , shoot everything in sight . [:@]
Old 02-19-2004, 11:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe that as a hunter you have a responsibiltiy to yourself, other hunters and the landowner to ensure that hunting is done in an ethical and legal manner. This kind of stuff is what they anti's prey on. I think by making the call you are doing right and giving hunting a positive image to society. Man the only right thing to do is make the call.

Quick Reply: Poachers! Any suggestions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.