Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Missourri Whitetails

Old 02-03-2004, 05:14 PM

Default Missourri Whitetails

I was asked to go on a November hunt in Missourri for whitetails. What can I expect. Also has anyone heard of Gunn Creek Outfitters.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Missourri Whitetails

I haven't hunted in Missouri yet, but I hear there are some really nice bucks out there in the farmlands. Check out these web pages about hunting whitetails there.

http://www.missouriwhitetails.com/

http://www.conservation.state.mo.us/.../mammals/deer/
Old 02-04-2004, 06:54 AM

bow98, Im from MO and the deer hunting is really good in november. Are you going to bow hunt or rifle. I think the best chasing takes place the week before rifle season, and also the first week of rifle season is real good. Where is the outfitter located? The northern part of the state has some great hunting with more open ground and high populations, the rest of the state is good also but theres a lot of timber so you cant see as far as you can in farmland. Any way you slice it, you should go, its worth it.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:44 AM

If this is a guided trip, my guess is that you will be hunting in the northern third of the state and will be hunting land that is being manage for trophy deer. It should be fun. I never heard of that outfitter, however I can't name you even one outfitter in the state.

MO, especially the northern part can compete with Iowa, IL, or KS as far as big bucks. Our only problem is that most bucks never reach the age that is needed to have those heavy antlers.

I live in central MO and we have some nice bucks here as well, but the northern part of the state has an advantage over us in their antler potential.

Weather wise, (I am assuming this is during our firearm season) be prepare for an extreme of weather. It may be near 80 or below 0 with snow. On average expect lows in the 20s and highs in the 50s. We often have damp cold weather that can feel very cold.

Good luck.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never hunted in Missouri but the land that I hunt in Iowa is bordered on the south by Missouri. The deer are big there and grow big racks. I dont know anything of the outfitter but as far as the deer go, they should be good.
Old 02-07-2004, 04:06 PM

thwhwhbsbd8994456
Old 02-07-2004, 04:20 PM

Thanks......I am looking forward to this fall...........The outfitter says 130 - 170 + class bucks........
Old 02-09-2004, 10:49 AM

bow,

where are you hunting in MO? I hunt in Macon county and really enjoy it. we have some bigguns up there!

beej
Old 02-09-2004, 11:23 AM

I live in missouri and i got a dear this year in warren county on a friends farm of about 500 acres .a budyof mine got 3 dear and other took dear's from that farm dureing the deer season. u should do well good luck too ya
Old 02-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen plenty of big bucks come out of MO, just have to find the right spots.

Quick Reply: Missourri Whitetails

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.