Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Father shoots son/hunter safety material >

Father shoots son/hunter safety material

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Father shoots son/hunter safety material

Old 01-22-2004, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Default Father shoots son/hunter safety material

I just had a thought reading that father shoots son thread.
A couple of nights ago I went to school for a meeting concerning my youngest son and his upcoming drivers education program. A local doctor, a Orthopedic Surgeon, started off with a slide presentation that was pretty graphic of why one should drive safely. It got my attention and hopefully that of my sixteen year old.
Heres my thought, what great reading material that article would be for safety instructors to have for their students to read. I know safety instructors probably already use this type of material. But as hunters maybe we should make sure the instructors in our area are aware these episodes as we become aware of them. They already do a good community service, but we can help them just by making copies of these and giving it to them.
Maybe a hunting forum can help by setting up a column for them and we can feed the column with these articles and they can check them out for info like this for classes.
Every year we hear about a few of these and keeping a composite of them available might help. And if just one person is not shot because one of these articles touched some student in a safety instruction class, we helped.
Dan
Old 01-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Father shoots son/hunter safety material

I remember seeing a video that you are talking about when i was taking my classes for it. Think it was called red aspalt (i am a horrible speller, sorry) and it was pretty graphic. What happen to that guy's son is very sad. I heard about that in the news when it happened but caught the end of it though. This actually reminds me of a picture i saw of a guy with an arrow in the back of his head. It hit just below his brain by 1/4 on a inch so he was very lucky.