HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Don't forget your landowners!!
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2004, 12:54 PM
NY Bowhunter
Boone & Crockett

Default Don't forget your landowners!!

Just a little reminder/tip to you all that I thought of today. If any of you are in a situation like me. I hunt a few different pieces of land by permission from landowners. I don't actually own any land that I hunt on. I spent the morning shoveling out driveways and sidewalks.
It's easy to put them in the back of your mind in the off season, but if you make an effort to do something for them year round, you'll have a hunting place for years to come.
I hunt the majority of the time on 1 piece of land and that's where I put most of my effort. The landowner is an older gentleman and really apprectiates and looks forward to seeing me. I try to stop by at least every couple weeks and do something for him. Shovel, pick up fallen limbs, clean up the roadside, etc...........
Let them know how much you apprecitate them letting you hunt on their land. Dont' just show up or call the week before the season opens. Hunting is a year round sport, so taking care of the landowner and the premises should be too!!

Just my .02 that I thought I'd pass on.