Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Father kills son on hunt.

Old 01-21-2004, 07:03 AM

Default RE: Father kills son on hunt.

seems like it happens every year, prayers for them
Old 01-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Always wear orange!Especially on your head--alot of hunters figure they have on enough orange being dressed in orange pants and coat so they wear whatever hat they like--but your head is the highest point and sometimes the ONLY thing visible!
Old 01-21-2004, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

The father didn't properly identify his target
Reguardless of what colors the son was wearing the father had no business shooting untill he properly identified his target.Shooting at anything without first being 100% sure of it's identity is nothing short of negligence.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:44 PM

This happened down here in FL. Shot was like over two hundred yards with a .308. Sad story, but a tragic example of being trigger happy and shooting at anything that moves. Amazing that they were hog hunting and he felt compelled to take that shot. Got a whole life to regret it.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

This should get you to an article about the father shooting his son.

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/st...14576945.shtml

Yes it truly is a shame. How many peoples lives were affected by his lack of identifying his target. His life as he knew it is over. The thought will never escape him. He'll be reminded every time he sees his other son, any kid the age of the 14 year old, a black baseball cap, a hog, a gun, etc, etc, etc. My prayers go out to the family.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:07 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

yeah, that's the one. I just took my boys with me squirell hunting Monday. Trying to do many things with them. Most of all make them responsible. You can't ever take it back if you pull that trigger.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

What a shame. I bet that was the last time that guy will hunt. I feel bad for him and his family. My prayers go out to them. BB
Old 01-22-2004, 05:11 AM

I HATE TO HEAR THAT!!!!!!!! I TEACH 4-H ARCHERY TO KIDS AND I`M ALSO A HUNTER ED. TEACHER. I TELL THEM YOU CAN NEVER TAKE IT BACK ONCE YOU PULL THAT TRIGGER OR RELEASE THAT STRING. PEOPLE MUST KNOW WHAT IT IS BEFORE PULLING THAT TRIGGER!!!!!!!!!!!! MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO THAT FAMILY.......TAKE CARE AND SAFE HUNTING.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:06 AM

My prayers go out to the family. What a senseless, wreckless act that will haunt him forever. He needs all the prayers available from all of us. May God help his family somehow recover.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:54 AM

sad-truly sad!!

Quick Reply: Father kills son on hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.