Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

tree stand

Old 01-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default tree stand

i need a tree stand but i need one fore under 50 bucks is there aney
Old 01-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: tree stand

good luck finding one under $50
Old 01-15-2004, 07:38 PM

The only tree stands that you might find under $50 is a hang on tree stand. Some times bass pro shops run a sale on ladder stands around $50. Good luck on your search.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bought a treestand from www.sportsmansguide.com it was nice a remington 300 mag nice and big the list price is $50 but shipping and handling comes out to a total of $65. it is a nice stand a really big. the seat folds up quietly too and it has a built in foot rest
Old 01-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Make 'em yourself. I make quite a few ladder stands. Mostly constructed from 1-1/4" top rail chain link fence post and 3/4 or 1-inch conduit, welded together, with a wooden platform (bolting a chair un is "optional"). Material runs $10 - $15. If ya can weld. I can't even count (or remember) how many we got on a few different properties. I've probobly sold just as many. I know I've forgotten about probobly 5 of them cause I just get away from using them and the lanes get grown over and so do the stands. But I like when the stands get grown over and I have to go "dig 'em out" with pruning shears. Then they're really naturally camoflauged! Another nice advantage of making them myself-all the same-is they stack really well for road trips.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 01-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Be careful about making them from conduit especially if you do not know how to weld, are a beginner welder, or are a big guy. There have been a fair number of accidents caused by poor welds and poor craftsmanship period.

Never, buy a stand from someone that make it theirself. There is a liability issue in doing so.

Your best bet is to buy a stand from an established manufacturer. Bass Pro Shops runs a huge sale right before deer season on a Strongbuilt 16' Ladder Stand for $59.99. That seems to be your best bet as a beginner.

Remember, if you buy a strap on stand, then you need to buy steps of some sort and that will add another $20.00-$40.00 depending on how high you want to put your stand.

Good luck!
Matt
Old 01-16-2004, 02:14 PM

wal-mart here at home had the Strong-built loc-on stands fo $39.00 just after bow season and the screw in and strap on steps fo $2.50 each.
If you watch just after deer season wal-mart has all there stands on sale.you can get some real deal.