Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how many missed shots??

Old 01-04-2004, 01:35 PM

Default how many missed shots??

how many shots have people missed on deer this past season?

i personally only missed one and she was a biggin'! me and my huntin buddy missed her and we both unloaded on her. the only problem was i had a turkey choke in my gun shootin at her at 40 yds. while she was runnin he had too loose of a choke and too much distance on the shot...

hopefully im not the only one that had a horrible season!!!
Old 01-04-2004, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how many missed shots??

I missed on a buck openning weekend. Since then I got my limit of one doe , a 6 and an 8! Hang in there!
Old 01-04-2004, 03:16 PM

missed once on a fork horn muley (my first season ya know) and choked on a 5x7 muley, never had a shot on a 3x3 though.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

i missed a nice six pointer still dont know how i missed but i spent many hours checking to make sure and i have seen him since then
Old 01-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

I missed three times with my bow and missed a 6 pointer 8 times, an 8 pointer 4 and two does 2 times. I need some practice but I got the 6 on the 9th shot.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

I missed a big 8 point this year with my bow.
Old 01-04-2004, 03:57 PM

im glad most of yall have seen some big bucks i saw two this year and one was a button that was killed by a buddy of mine and he only weighed in at a whopping 27 pounds and the other was a 10 pointer that another buddy of mine had a shell foul up on him and it didnt push the pellets out of the barrel all too well and he missed the biggest buck he(and i as a matter of fact) have ever seen alive... in our lives
Old 01-04-2004, 04:35 PM

Honna, that is a joke right?
Old 01-04-2004, 05:03 PM

Cisco, I was thinking the same thing myself.

Not trying to put anyone down here, but from the sounds of it there is a lack of shooting practice going on. The time to practice is at the range, at paper targets and not live deer. An occasional miss is understandable, but if you miss more shots at deer than you make something just ain't right.

I don't practice as much as I should myself, but I've only made two bad shots in my life.......a bad hit on the first deer I ever shot at, and one clean miss with a muzzleloader. Know what you are capable of before heading into the woods.

As far as this year........took one shot and tagged one buck, a young 8 point. One shot, one kill

BTW - mow em down, was the 27# weight the whole deer or just the meat?
Old 01-04-2004, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with Split-Hoof and Cisco. I would also question the shot selection/placement if they are truly missing that many shots.

mow em down,

Tell your buddies to try and let those buttons walk. They could be the next nice buck if you give em a chance to grow.

Quick Reply: how many missed shots??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.