Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Just wondering...... what are some of the not so smooth moves you've ever done while deer hunting? >

Just wondering...... what are some of the not so smooth moves you've ever done while deer hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Just wondering...... what are some of the not so smooth moves you've ever done while deer hunting?

Old 01-20-2004, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Just wondering...... what are some of the not so smooth moves you've ever done while deer huntin

Well thank goodness I've never made any boo-boo's while hunting!
I did have a small tree jump out and take a bullet meant for a nice 8 pointer in the 02' season. I've never seen a tree so dedicated to saving the life of a deer.
Either that or it was lined up with the vertical crosshair and I didn't see it when I lined the shot up.[&:]
And at one time or another I've forgotten about every hunting accessory I own, one at a time of course.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:50 AM

Default RE: Just wondering...... what are some of the not so smooth moves you've ever done while deer huntin

opening morning deer sason(rifle-96) got out to a sweet lil spot before lite, I was sitting next to small rock pile under an apple tree, all day nothing so after sitting there all day, was getting cramped so stood up and figured what the heck might as well go sit on the rocks, at least i could stretch out my legs a little bit, sat there for a while longer then wham 3 does come walking out of the tree line, at about 125yds, then two more, cool finally there moving out into the open, they kept looking bk up into the tree's, about 15 min later this big ole buck comes mozying on out, so i told myself to make sure there were indeed antlers on his head. pulled up my 308 and crosshairs on head- yup massive 10 ptr, WOW-and hes just standing there broadside, what a shot, aimed for just behind shoulder and squeezed the trigger....nothing..sure left the safty on, i took it off safty and figured, well lets take another look just to make sure, well this time he's looking right at me[X(]... and the antlers were still there, only now there heading bki into the woods. nver did get a shot at him.~~ then only got one more glimpse of him all season long....what a bummer. thats one i will probably never forgett!