Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Happy New Year

Old 12-31-2003, 09:07 PM

Default Happy New Year

Well, here I am, getting ready to crash at 10:00. . . . wwhat happened to me???? Ahhhh real world, kids, bills, etc. . . Though I did get away to do some hunting this evening. Of course, when I am out of tags and I'm lookin for piggys, all I see are horns. . . I jumped a nice little 8 pt going to feed near my dad's blind. The rest didn't show till after dark. A little 5 pt walked all around in front of me, posing at 10 yds. . . . ahhhhh...... I drew on him. . . . just to practice, but I bumped the rail on the tripod and he scampered off. There were hogs all around me again, but none ever came. They are feeding at night. I need to intall a hog light. I have seen them in magazines for $200, a little solar powered light to hang on the feeder, but I bet I can hit Home Depot and come up wwith something cheaper. Maybe a light up lawn gnome??? My new binoculars work very nicely in loww light. Pentax 10X50, nice Christmas present, for those of us poor folks who can't afford swavorski. . . I can't even afford to spell it!!!
Old 12-31-2003, 10:58 PM

Default RE: Happy New Year

i had a $80 (canadian) solar power thing 2 feet sq. put it on a battery powerd fence and it was charged all the time i think a light would need more power but just a thought. what if you had a timer to make it shut off at 1 amor so? it would not need so much power?