Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Is getting a liscense out of state too expensive? >

Is getting a liscense out of state too expensive?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is getting a liscense out of state too expensive?

Old 12-20-2003, 07:42 PM

Default RE: Is getting a liscense out of state too expensive?

ORIGINAL: A5Mag12

To answer your question, no. The price reflects what the market will bare.
After many years hunting Montana as a non resident, this would appear to be the case. Currently $628 big game combination license. MT has a draw system for applicants so even at the price, not very good odds for a non resident to obtain a license each year. As mentioned, price reflects what the market will bare.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Montana also has a point system which cuts the odds down even more . I believe you can also get an outfitters tag but that is more money . Its a case of how bad do you want to hunt as to whether your willing to pay thier rates .Thats why they can make them so high .
Old 12-21-2003, 04:08 AM

No wonder so many of you guys hunt NY or PA.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check with the DNR next year. Property OWNERS here in GA are not required to have a license to hunt on their own property, all you need is a harvest record.
I am not sure about non-resident owners but it would seem reasonable that they should have the same privelege.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

120 for WI nonresident how much in Ill. If I remember right its double that.
Old 12-22-2003, 05:41 PM

NY State non-resident prices.

small game- $55
deer only- $110
bow- $110
muzzleloader- $110
bear only- $30
Turkey stamp- $30
super sportsman-(all the above except bear tag + fishing)- $250
Old 12-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Typical Buck

Nonresidents in Illinois pay $225 for a deer combo tag(buck and a doe tag). They pay about $45 for a NR full-season hunting license(about $28 for a five day license) and about $6 for a habitat stamp. With the processing fees it is about $275 or $300.

Only 12,843 tags have been available in each of the past three years and tags sold out last year in about 5 days. There is a movement to allow more tags in 2004.

My hunters over the past 3 years have had no problems getting tags as I have them start calling the first day. Sometimes it takes hours to get through, but it is worth it to them to secure their tags.

Good huntin!
LLBUX
Old 12-22-2003, 09:16 PM

I agree that there should be lower prices on out of state tags. For example in Utah for a buck antelope tag it costs under $100 for a resident and like $250 for a nonresident. When you go up to wyoming (which has so many antelope that they eat in the cemetery of downtown evanston at noon) a resident buck tag costs $35 while a nonresident costs $120!
Old 12-23-2003, 01:49 AM
Typical Buck

Interesting question..... Depends on the state. Depends on your point of view. If your the resident of the state where a lot of non-resident hunters come to, your views probably differ from the NR hunter. I live in Alabama, but am originally from Arkansas and really hate paying the high cost to hunt land I hunted as a kid, but know a lot of people that feel NR hunters are intruding and would like to see the fees go up even more. However, it's worth the $$ to be able to hunt with my dad and brother and grandpa!!!!!
Old 12-23-2003, 07:12 AM
Spike

I paid $302 for an out of state, either sex tag in Iowa. I am fortunate to have family there with access to a lot of land. This was my first year and got a buck and a doe. The experience was priceless!!! But I would have to agree that the non res fees everywhere are outrageous, especially when the states are saying they want the herd reduced. I know that Iowa does have a special holiday season for non-residents only Dec 24-Jan 2 for only $50 (anterless only tag) + $80 for the hunting license. If you didnt have a Season 1 or 2 tag, you can get one - not a bad option, but still $130.

Quick Reply: Is getting a liscense out of state too expensive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.