Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

Old 12-15-2003, 08:14 PM

Default RE: Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

Here we go again with the jealousy thing.........
Old 12-15-2003, 08:16 PM

Under most circumstances, I would keep my feelings on a matter like this to myself, but, I feel a little clarification is in order. I asked an honest question about this particular buck having never seen this story elsewhere and had hoped for an honest answer. I apologize if (you) have seen this pic and heard the story a thousand times, but it is new to me. When my father forwarded me the e-mail I told him I would check it out here and hopefully get to the bottom of this story. If you were looking for honest feedback to a question relating to deer hunting, I would think this would be the place. How wrong I was! Most of the responses I have gotten have been of a negative nature...."posted to death" or "who cares about ...". Maybe this forum is not a proper place to pose such a question, and that is a shame. I hope those who replyed in a negative manner never post a question that others may find redundant or irrelevent![&o]
Old 12-15-2003, 09:39 PM

yellowlabman, I was not directing my post at your question. I am very sorry if it sounded like I was. What Mauser06 said just got me to thinking about how the board has changed. You did have a legitimate question. It's the people that post "possible new record" on here every time they or someone they know shoots a decent deer that get on my nerves. Again, I was in no way directing my post at you. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:47 PM

Still a nice looking deer.......
Old 12-15-2003, 10:51 PM

Remember guys, it is still deer season. Now, I was not on here last year but I would have to guess that it was not much different. Actually, considering the fact that this is not my entire life and it really means nothing to me if any of the posted pics of this buck or any other are actually authentic...I just laugh about it and go on to next post. If I have an honest question searching for an honest answer then I am in the same boat as YLM. I would like a decent response not an insult.

Oh, by the way, has anyone seen any info on the new, possible world record 5 pointer killed by a 6 yr old kid with a Daisy air rifle. Story has that he shot it off his bike at 350 yrds. Is that ethical or what?
Old 12-16-2003, 01:27 AM

hmmmmmmmm........no comment!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-16-2003, 03:12 AM
Fork Horn

Its still a nice head anyway. bad luck it had to be a poacher[:'(]
Old 12-16-2003, 04:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

yellowlabman I wish I could remember the story on that buck, but I can't. The buck is a beautiful buck, I sure hope it wasn't poached.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:03 AM

seems like the american way in hunting is guilty until proven innocent, just damn
Old 12-16-2003, 11:27 AM

i heard this one was shot by a poacher also. actually, i heard it was shot, its horns were cut off and replaced by fabricated horns.

Quick Reply: Shot by a poacher??(PIC)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.