Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Defining fair chase....

Old 12-15-2003, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Defining fair chase....

The high fenced post was up to 4 pages so I wanted to voice my opinion here. I posted a similiar question about a year ago.

I feel that anyone should have a chance at taking an animal to be considered fair chase. If a deer chooses to high tail it 50 miles from its home range than it is a deer that able to be taken by many hunters. If it is fenced in it is only able to be taken by those who own or pay to hunt on the enclosed land.

I will only pay for videos who claim to hunt fair chase. Drury brothers made it a point to state that on there video covers. If I found out they were lying I would no longer buy there videos.

There is a reason for Boone and Crockett having rules on this........
Old 12-15-2003, 08:39 AM

Default RE: Defining fair chase....

Yes there is a reason B&C has issues on this and it is that there are alot of people who dont want to hunt high fences and feel like the people behind fences have a better chance of growing world record deer which they can manage and therefore these deer dont make B&C or P&Y record books. What i dont think people understand is how many families put bread on the table for there kids and family to eat due to owning these places. The sport of hunting has changed, it is alot mor business oriented than ever sad but true. If any of you would ever go to a large fenced in ranch and spent a week not hunting with a gun put a camera and let these people who do it for a living explain there reason i think alot of you would understand its not what you think.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

trophyhuntr my objection to them is strictly personal, I have no problem with any one high fencing their deer or paying to hunt high fences, the only time I have a problem with this is when a high fence proclaims themselves to be a "Great White Hunter" because they killed a 200 class buck inside a fence when in reality they couldn't hunt their way out of a brown paper bag on an unguided non-fenced hunt. If someone kills a monster behind a fence that is great and I have no problem with them bragging as long as they say it was a fenced hunt.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy are you for it because it makes money for those who own the land?

Or are you stating those who go to hunt to provide for families?

I am sure it is not the second one your mentioning.

It makes a lot of money for those who own the land and I will not say that is a bad thing but.........
Old 12-15-2003, 08:52 AM

Ill say this look at all the hunting shows, how many of those hunts are at fenced in ranches, alot but who want s to watch someone shoot a spike or doe or 4pt people watch these shows to see big deer get killed. I agree most of these guys you see on TV cant hunt worth a crap, i would love for them to come to where i hunt and kill a 150 and up, wont happen, but I am not gonna knock them for it,
Old 12-15-2003, 08:55 AM

PS who named Jackie Bushman the Buckmaster i didnt, I saw a TV show years ago about and with Milo Hanson and next to his name it said professional hunter , why did it say that because he killed the WR typical give me a break, the names some people give themselves is a joke
Old 12-15-2003, 09:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm against it not only for the people that claim they are "THE GREAT WHITE HUNTER" but the other aspect you mentioned sucks as well. People that are doing it to put food on their plates. People who have made it a business? In my mind this is I don't like it most of all. They took something that has been around since the begining of time and commercialized it. They tainted the sport in general by putting up fences and making it a business. Is nothing sacred anymore. Is anything safe from the allmighty dollar?? You can make the argument about the $$ we spend on scents, clothing, etc........... and I can even agree with that to a point. But nothing is comparable to fencing in animals to be hunted. It's gone too far. What the heck will it be like for my kids 30 years from now?? Hover crafts with gps locator systems?? To be honest with you I have NO idea how it is even allowed/
Old 12-15-2003, 09:11 AM

Nybowhunter,

Everyone has there opinion i dont know what will happen to this sport in 30 years, amazing isnt it, look at the people who own huge amount of land should they be able to do with it what they want, it is America, times change whether for the good or bad i dont know, but no there isnt much the almighty $$ doesnt affect and hunting is no different
Old 12-15-2003, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

acccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!! I know
Old 12-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

proclaims themselves to be a "Great White Hunter" because they killed a 200 class buck inside a fence when in reality they couldn't hunt their way out of a brown paper bag on an unguided non-fenced hunt
Here's a little twist to that. A guy I know pretty well goes to Alberta every year and guides up there. He say's to me "you wouldn't believe how many bucks I've shot for people". If a buck is out of their range they would have him shoot it and tell the boys back home how he killed Mongo.

Quick Reply: Defining fair chase....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.