Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-15-2003, 08:06 AM

Default RE: Deer Burger

Ifferd,

Yes, I have some left over from last year. A friend of mind has a commercial sized meat grinder and we will grind up deer meat plus add pork butt. Then we make a mixture of deer meat to port and add seasoning. Then it sits for a while to absorb the seasoning. Soak the casking in water, place a sausage tube on the grinder. Than we place the casing on the tube and regrind the mixture into the casting. Then we tie the ends. After about 20 are made, we place them into a smoker for several hours and finish cooking in the stove. Than what I do is cut them in half and place in the food saver bags and into the freezer. When we want to eat some, just defrost some and wow, it still is great.

T
Old 12-15-2003, 08:12 AM

Does anyone have any Somked Sausage made?
I just picked up 30.5 pounds of it on Saturday. During yesterday's football games, I think I've already polished off about 3 pounds of it! [:-]
It's good stuff.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:19 AM

I am going to try my grounded up meat tonight in Goulash tonight and if it passes my wife's taste buds then I will be a very happy man.May the force be w/me[&:]
Old 12-15-2003, 10:16 AM

Venison burger is awsome I've grinded my own both with pork fat and with beef fat (venison is so lean its better to add some fat so it doesnt dry up when cooked) I use it in alot of recipes try it with the impossible cheesebuger pie recipe on the box off bisquick its AWESOME. Meatloaf is also good way for venison burger...also try it with a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of water with egg noodles. Experiment with it! Boy iam gettin hungry
Old 12-15-2003, 01:36 PM

i make jerky out of all my ground deer meat. so good, just cant eat one (pound)!!
Old 12-15-2003, 01:42 PM

The tougher stuff, yeah, we get it hamburgered, cube steak-ed, and sausaged. I use the hamburger in everything - spaghetti and lasagna, tacos, hamburger helper... anything. The cube steaks is a great way to tenderize the meat - I use that in fried rice and things like that. I only like really mild sausage, but the guy around here that does it does an amazing job. Some deer sausage with your eggs in the morning? mmmmmmmm.....

*going to get something to eat*
Old 12-15-2003, 01:50 PM

i got a burger machine, i go down to the local meat market and ask for pork fat. the fat not only keeps it from drying out too quickly (as mentioned before), it also allows for the meat to stay together for hamburgers and meatballs. there's really no reason to add the fat when making goulash or chili. happy cooking
Old 12-15-2003, 02:17 PM

I am new to hunting and I am always trying to tell my Mom to fix some of the meat that we have in the freezer. She is says its just something about deer meat that she doesn't want/like. haha I don't understand her sometimes but could you send me some of your best recipes? We have tried the meat in chili and spaghetti and such but nothing else....I normally do a lot of jerky because everyone likes jerky and it goes by so fast ... thanks a lot...
[email protected]
Old 12-15-2003, 03:10 PM

I have a neighbor who will smoke a ham for us. If you like bone in ham--- then you will absolutley love this. I think its better. When I get it back I will cook it for about three hours in the oven. this stuff goes with any meal. ham and eggs, ham sandwich, baked ham.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

I like deer burger especially in spaghetti. That's what I had tonight. My wife just had both knees replaced, so I'm cooking. She even liked my spaghetti.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.