Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 My vacation days at work (for VA Hunters) >

My vacation days at work (for VA Hunters)

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My vacation days at work (for VA Hunters)

Old 12-09-2003, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default My vacation days at work (for VA Hunters)

Hey there....

I was just talking to my boss here at work to double check my vacation days/sick days/personal days on the books.
{I'm a direct salaried computer geek and don't punch a timeclock, and seem to always be chained to my desk.}

My boss just said, "I'd figured you be asking. You still have a bunch of time left to use before year end. Go call some of those people you know and go sit in a duck blind or go climb up a tree stand and get a deer". (yes, he actually said that)

Here's my IT Dept employee timecard:
SICK DAYS LEFT: 3 Days
VACATION LEFT: 4.5 Days
PERSONAL LEFT: 2.5 hours

VIRGINIA HUNTERS: WHO WANTS TO HOOK UP AND DO A HUNT?!?!

Butch
Old 12-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My vacation days at work (for VA Hunters)

You have a boss that most people would kill to have. If mine was like that ,then I wouldn't of had to sing him a Johnnie Paycheck song ( tried to play games with my holiday times) back in June, so from 3 weeks off for moose/deer I took all summer and fall and working on winter as well. Would love to hunt with you as I have time to hunt whenever I feel like it but Virgina is a might far to go. Anyways, have fun and good luck.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Butch if I hadn't already taken a week this year I would hook up with you, you may want to go to the Southern forum and put this request up, there are some guys over there you may be able to hook up with.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks, Taz.... I did that as well. It was weird.... I forgot I had all this time left on the books! []

Butch
Old 12-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

Hey Butch

What days and where do you want to go. I might be able to squeeze a few more days out.

Mike
Old 12-09-2003, 02:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm set pretty well at my job, too. My vacation time is calculated per fiscal year, so I have two weeks to use before September 30th, plus four personal days. It's tempting to use my sick days, but I want to keep my records clean come promotion time. So far I haven't called out.

My boss' big thing is salt-water fishing, but he actually invited me to go bowhunting with him at his uncle's farm in Indiana. Might just take him up on that next year.

Sorry, ButchA, I'm holding onto my vacation for spring gobbler season and an early-season whitetail hunt in Ohio with my dad. Good luck bagging a big one!
Old 12-09-2003, 03:12 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Hey Butch. I'm try8ing to take Thursday and Friday off if the forcast stays the way it is now. We could hook up again. Maybe hit Cumberland. I'll send you a note tomorrow.

David